Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hi guys. My name is Miranda and I am a freelance writer. Lately, more of my jobs have been breaching onto technical aspects and I have been involved with more html coding and formatting. Looking into buying a tablet soon, hoping to find some useful advice on the forum of what I should go with. :Banane21:

Hello,

I currently live in Taiwan and stumbled upon this forum while reading a thread on NBR. I just bought a gtx 680m for my old Clevo x7200 and windows is not recognizing for what it is. Bios also only shows it as an nvidia card. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of research and reading in my future.

Hello all,

I'm from central Indiana, and I'm looking to get OS X working on my Lenovo Y500, as well as download a few BIOS mods. I'm looking forward to being on the forum, as I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to technology, but I feel like I've never really gotten into OS X/Hackintosh territory much, I mostly stay over in the Windows/Linux area. This seems like a friendly community, and I hope I can help it stay that way.

Cheers

Hi, I'm from Illinois and a college student at the University of Illinois. I study the weather basically.

I'm trying to get the best out of my P150EM possible while learning a lot about tech that I couldn't even have fathomed. I recently bought a P150EM to swap parts since they were better than mine but with the better condition and newer revision of the exact model laptop, I'm keeping the new one while replacing internals. Essentially by the end, no part will be the same as before as if I had just purchased a completely new laptop. I'm hoping I can sell the old stuff locally to recoup funds (a bit of a gamble) but I'm looking for this to be a half decade upgrade.

This community seems really awesome with all the modding and sharing. I really looking forward (and somewhat nervous of bricking something) to trying out some mods to squeeze more juice out of my system while supporting the developers.

Hello all! I'm from western NY in the US. I stumbled upon this forum searching for answers and information for my MSI gx740, the current bane of my existence. This laptop was a second hand purchase intended to be used as a gaming system for my TV to be discreetly tucked away in the cabinet, but first I'd like to get it using an SSD.

I've got an ASUS G53SX which I've over-upgraded and treat better than most of my siblings. One day maybe I'd look into unlocking my BIOS and opening up more options, but for the time being, it's perfect for me as is.

Besides my two seemingly black and white laptop situations I work as a computer tech in a very small town. I've dealt with tons of computer issues, some left me scratching my head, and have developed an ethic based on service and problem resolution over sales. I love researching anything under the sun and am more than thrilled in a community where I can enhance my understanding of the machines I work with everyday.

Thanks to all who have helped build and contribute to this site, I look forward to learning from and with you.

Hi all, glad I found an intro thread. Good idea OP.

I'm an IT student and part-time IT Professional. I have a Y510p. Dual boot Kali, and numerous VM's hehe.

I'm going to go against the grain here, and admit I really don't have a problem with Windows8...still better than OSX :36_002:

Anyway, I can't wait to get some research done in here and maybe get to know some of you.

London