Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello there.

Another y510p power user here. Was always into computers and general electronics since I was little. So much so, that I am now currently enrolled as an Electrical Engineering over at my university!

Hopefully I'll leave all the simple circuits behind and move onto something a bit more technical, VLSI perhaps?

Wish me luck, and good luck to you all aswell!

Hey ya'll, first time poster, obviously, lol. I'm a regular at another forum, which I won't post since that may be seen as spamming. Anyway, I'm at T|I because I bought a Lenovo y510P and want to upgrade the wifi to the Intel 7260 AC now that I have an AC 1900 router. Looking forward to help out with other laptop issues as I'm also a PC Tech, well used to be as I switched careers lol, but I still do it as a hobby on the side for extra money.

So yeah. I'm loving my lenovo laptop.

Hey!

I was very content with a Desktop pc until I had to move and have to travel alot, so I thought the logical thing was a laptop... I regret that choice.

I came here with lenovo y510p laptop problems, been having a lot of those! First SLI dosn't work because the second GPU can't be found, then my w-lan dosn't work and I can't just change my Networkcard because of some idiotic Whitelist on lenovos side...

I hope I can find some help here, seems to be a friendly forum!

Greetings,

I'm from Bulgaria.

The Video Card in My Clevo P150HM just died and I am looking how to modify EC / BIOS / vBIOS to put newer card inhere.

I guess my best option is nVidia 680M.

I do not play games, I use AutoDesk design products only.

In case that someone have old/low-preforming card suitable for Clevo P150HM - I am open for offers.

Any better Ideas ?

Hello from semi rural Kentucky,

My name is Cain and I am currently sporting a Lenovo Y500 GT750M Sli. Recently we have made the move to the RT-AC68U, which enlightened me to the fact that my laptop has the dreaded white-list. Something which had me quite peeved until I found TI, cannot even begin to state how elated I was that there is not only a solution but the potential to improve my Y500 performance also.

Currently I am studying to become a mobile applications developer. I am definitely fresh off the boat compared to the talent already residing here, but from what I've read over I have not seen a Linux based solution at least for the Y500. So I am hoping I can give back to the community by contributing a Linux method, already working on purchasing a second unit for the purpose as a fail safe.

Hello everyone!

I am from Sweden and study at a Cisco Networking Academy where I lab with enterprise network devices. I have 1 year left until I can find a job as a network Technichan.

I'm very interested in many topics and know little about much. I'm always enthusiastic to learn more from the great minds in the computer & networking world.

Hello,

I'm from Long Island and have been interested in computers all my life. Last year, I purchased my first gaming notebook from xoticpc, an MSI GT60 with 680m, 20gb hyperx ram, 750gb samsung evo SSD's, bigfoot networks killer 1202. I am hoping to overclock the 680m and explore its true potential, mobile power has always interested me most. This seems like a great site for a wealth of knowledge and information regarding the subject

Hi. I'm Ivo from Bulgaria. I got my first PC in 2000 year and since then i can't without my personal PC/Laptop.

Before few months i got a MSI GX660 which is great i just love MSI !

I register here with a problem, but i like the site very much and i think i'll be here for a long time :)

Hello, I am from New York. Last year, I bought my first gaming laptop, the MSI GX70 with AMD A10-5750m CPU and AMD Radeon 8970m GPU. Having a lot of FPS issues on CPU demanding games so I am here to find help on overclocking my CPU. Nice to meet you all.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 26 yo electronic engineer with a huge passion for gaming.:D

Since a travel quite often I always bought gaming notebooks. At the moment I have an Ipower GX, which served me very well in the last 5-6 years (I still can play almost all the games a 1080p with high detail, except for the latest ones and the Witcher 2 :)

Now It's time for an upgrade and my choise goes to the Asus G750JH. My only concern it's about the new 880M performance, but from what I've read on the forum, if I'll be lucky and I'll get a good quality card, I can be able to OC the 780M to match the 880M and saving a lot of money at the same time. What's your opinion?

Hi everobody!

I'm technology enthusiast, and was taken to this marvellous forums after searching answer to problems with my new (used) Lenovo y510p. I've been in computers about 20 years, and started my time with Commorode 64 and oh yes those were great times.

But anyway after some browsing this forum I loved it because saw there are some very decent people here solving problems and searching methods to get the best from the products,

I hope this keeps up well and I can give my own part for this great community too.

Hi all!

I'm just a stereotypical gamer geek. I originally came here for help on geting a new video card installed in an MSI gt780dx, but I think I'll stick around and get help with some of my other dying or dead laptops and computers. Thanks for having me!

Hi guys !

I came here through another website while looking for some information about my new Clevo W230ST such as keyboard mod and I thought it would be good to contribute to some post I have seen here. So here am I ;)

Cheers !

Hello,

Have been tinkering with a W350ST for awhile (undervolting, overclocking etc) and came across this site after reading up on some great custom BIOS that have been created by Prema, thought I could try one out and see for myself

Hi

I found this forum, while searching for custom BIOS and VBIOS. But after visiting this forum, I've found lot more than that. It seems this is place for all Techno related stuffs. I would consider my self an intermediate in things elated technology. I would like to help people with what I know and also learn a lot from here..

Have a good day