Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello, I am currently a Electronic Engineering Student, but have been a hardware hacker as a hobbyist for years. I recently ran across this forum while looking for a hack to remove the restrictions on my Y510P. So far I am impressed with the abundance of mods and ideas that this community has to offer. I have a number of projects that I have yet to document because I didn't feel that they would be appreciated/understood anywhere else, I think this might be the place. I look forward to joining the discussion.

Also I am from the USA.

Hiya

I'm From Malaysia, currently doing nothing special but throwing myself into leaning the product about mobile GPU modding, overclocking and cooling. looking forward to learn more stuff and to know some friends from other corner of the world

Hello all, I'm from the UK, but am in Canada at the moment - and have just purchased a new Alienware 18, which I am going to go to California to collect... ...exciting!!

I am having an odd issue where some of my posts appear and others are refusing to do so. Do early posts have to be approved by a mod?

• Founder
Hey there! I'm new to this forum and I'm having issues posting. I keep getting this error: Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: You should be using the time() function instead in ..../includes/functions_newpost.php(562) : eval()'d code on line 58

Its a known bug that is being looked into.

EDIT: The problem with the error has now been solved!!!

FINAL NOTE: IF YOU ARE A NEW REGISTERED USER ALL YOUR POSTS WILL GO INTO MODERATION UNTIL YOU HAVE MORE THAN 5 QUALITY ONES APPROVED! PLEASE STOP ASKING WHY YOUR POSTS DO NOT SHOW UP! READ THE FORUM RULES OR ELSE WE WILL ENFORCE INFRACTIONS! A LITTLE READING GOES A LONG WAY!

Sent from my Yellow Nokia 1520 (RM-937)

Thanks. I enjoyed reading this, and just joined the forum today myself. I'm using a Lenovo T430s with an i7-3520M processor and 8 GB RAM for every-day work, but it only has the Intel HD4000 graphics driver. I'd consider getting a gaming-capable laptop, but all the reviews I've read complain about the loud fan noise. I'm a musician, and use my laptop to compose and arrange, in my home studio. So a loud fan is a non-starter. Looking forward to seeing responses to my first post on building an eGPU.

Hello, new member here from the Nashville, TN area. I am a controls engineering contractor and own my business. I have a Dell M4500 with an i7 640M (dual core), 8GB, 256GB mSATA SSD, 1600x900, DVD. I run Win7 64 for work with VMWare for things that still need WinXP.

I have been looking into upgrading my laptop to a 17" unit. The Sager NP9380-S really interests me. I just found out that has some issues to be addressed before I can purchase it, which is why I am here.

This will be short...

Hi,

Im a computer geek that also writes software in C++. I have a Lenovo Y410P and I also am a flight simmer.I love intel and nvidia, and i also dislike dell but favor lenovo and logitech. People call me wierd because I use a trackball, but i find them amazing and easy to use.

Hi everybody!

I have been on NBR for a while and I found out that allot of the members there are also here. So I thought I pop in and check this place out.

Little did I know that svl7's work on the titan bios was huge! So now I am pretty much trolling that thread :P

Hi there

Im from Poland, and to put it short ima gamer :) just some time ago i purchased a pretty strong machine (msi gt70 w/gtx 680m) and figured this is about time to squeeze something more from it :) i probably will not be able to pour too much wisdom to the forums, but, as they say, the more the merrier :D

cheers

\

Hello there!

I am Khatarian, studying in the Netherlands to become a Network Administator.

Pretty much I am a gamer, my main rig is build for performance and virtualisation (r9 290 and an I7 4770K).

I will try to help where I can, but I don't have alot of knowlegde of laptops, but I do have alot more knowledge with networks and desktop related problems.