Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hey Y’all Epitaph here. So I finally decided to sign up after dealing with my Lenovo Y580 BIOS v8.01 (5DCN90WW) Wi-Fi signal or lack of. I've heard great things on the whitelist removal BIOS available here and I can’t wait to try one. Now guess the only thing left is finding the perfect Wi-Fi replacement card.

Desktop

Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Arc Midi R2

Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k

CPU Cooler: Zalmans CNPS9900DF

RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual SC w/ EVGA ACX Cooler

PSU: Corsair TX 750W

HDD: WD Black 1TB

Mouse and Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 & Sensei

Speakers: Bose Companion 2

Headphones: Sennheiser’s HD 449

Hey guys,

my name is John and I´m a PC fan since I was a little boy. Few years back I got interested in nowadays consoles (360/ps3) and started to experiment with those ones. If I look back to my teen years, I loved to overclock every piece of HW I had (you know, poor student had to do this stuff). So I´ve OC´d old Celeron 300A slot CPUs by raising the voltage bypassing some pins with the nail-polish etc. Yea, those years were pretty fun. My masterpiece was overclocking Amd Athlon 1700+ JIUHB series to 2700 + with modded Radeon 9500Pro to 9700 by unlocking the locked pipelines. That was definitely worth the upgrade.

Anyway I´m pretty old, father of two little girls, and I come from the heart of Europe - the Czech republic :))

I don´t know what else to tell you guys, feel free to ask me :))

Hey everyone,

Glad to be joining the forum. I have been into gaming for quite a while but just recently I have started to get into PC gaming. I just purchased an alienware m17 i-7-4900mq and gpu= gtx 780m. I was just looking through the forum and saw some great ideas for overclocking my gpu, but have been unable to download the bios needed. I guess I might have been restricted because I have not posted enough on the forum. Either way, if anyone has any idea or needs any help feel free to hit me up.

Hi all,

As above - landed here for the BIOS mod for my Y510p. Thing screams otherwise - but this has been aggravating.

Site is extremely well organized - I'm going to like it here I know.

A bit about myself ~ I'm a process engineer and I do database design and automated test code design for our manufacturing lines. I oversee the operations of our PC and MAC computers out in the lines so I'm always looking for good resources to keep things running smooth.

Hi guys.

I'm from Czech Republic and currently have Lenovo Ideapad Y580.

I'm PC fan since 1994 when I get my first 386SX :). Few yers ago I had only PC slighly modded. But because of persistent issues with different types of hardware components I switched to laptop.

Since last week I had HP Pavilion DV7 but I change it to Lenovo. I registered here because I looked for WiFi replacements and then I found BIOS mods :).

Well, hello, I'm Ikhsan from Jakarta, Indonesia.

I've been persistently shoving Ubuntu to my laptop since 2006, and documented them here. I recently purchased a Lenovo Y510p and managed to get almost everything to my liking, except for the bluetooth. I end up at T|I when researching about BIOS modding. Looking forward to put SteamOS on it :)

Hey guys. I have been looking into a gaming laptop for a while now and have found a lot of useful information on tech inferno! It helped me make my decision to purchase an alienware 18 from Dell outlet. I hope that I'll be able to help others on here and look forward to testing the heck out of my new AW18 when it gets here tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hey guys, my name is Sullivan and I'm from the United States. I hope to be able to learn a lot from this site from other's first hand experience and I also hope to help contribute to other people's problems as well. Thanks!

Hello I'm Ben. Currently double majoring in Computer Science and Computer Arts. I mainly stumbled across this site for a BIOS upgrade to my Laptop, but after browsing some of the topics and conversations I plan to do allot more than just that.