Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello from NY.

I'm new to laptops, made my first foray into the world of laptops with a y410p, not disappointed so far. When I have time I intend to look into the things to be learned here, had I been aware of the possibility of an external GPU I may have chosen differently.

I love the dynamic of the community, I hope to eventually become a part of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone,

I found this forum while I was searching for answers to my Elitebook tweaking questions. Found the right place, I think :)

I'm from Hungary, used to install desktop PCs, worked as a techsupport, now working at a small TVstation as a broadcast engineer/technician.

My dream is to work with hardware that fast enough and safe enough to my projects,

which are now some kind of bluray-audio coding/authoring, and surround audiophile recording.

And to improve my english, sorry for that :)

Yo,

It's been few months since I registred, so I guess it's never too late to introduce myself :)

I always loved video games since the Atari (wow long way ago), I had a laptop but couldn't play with and because of mobility couldn't have a desktop. So I came across this amazing site, in which the DIY eGPU thread was presented to me like the Graal, the ultimate concept. I successfully implented an eGPU on Fujitsu AH532 with a GTX 660. So thanks everyone for your time, support and informations.

Hi all, elmodt here from the UK... Great believer in giving older equipment a chance to live on whether Desktop or Laptop, currently running mostly HP equipment for personal use, Dell for work, though have appreciated and owned Thinkpads (x31, T42, T42p) in the past :)

Ooh?! Intro's!

Well, I've been pretty hardcore into PCs since I overclocked my first computer, a Pentium 90 to 100.. the poor FSB/Memory of those days wouldn't get me to 112.5... Ahhh, the day's of Jumpers!

Been hardcore into FPS in my younger days, then took a break from gaming for a while... Was always a PC game except for my early Sega/Genesis days (Shining Force!). Played lots of Quake, Unreal/2k3... after my break I actually got back into games on the PS3, specifically Dark Souls! Finally! A game worth playing that doesn't hold your hand!

Right now... I am waiting for Star Citizen to really get me back into the cockpit!