Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hey all, brand new to the forum. Found you while troubleshooting my brand new m14x. Hope to be a good contributor and have posted the (as yet) unreleased m14 a10 bios update in another thread which fixes the nvidia issue.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Thumbs Up 4

Howdy! Civil Engineer from eastern Washington.. owner of a Clevo 170HM.. Found this site when looking for ways to modify my laptop, and I am quite glad to see all the information available here, along with the pretty nice informative folks who are willing to help others.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi. I'm nobody. Not really much more then an enthusiast at this point. I love to build computers. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum, I like it. But I don't know how much help I can be. I am hoping to make a career change from car manufacturing to an IT professional. Just now returning to school just short of my 25th birthday.

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. My name's Ratbag and I like to consider myself a tweaker. Not the "bad" sort of tweaker but the sort that just likes to tinker with stuff. Always taking things apart to see how they work etc. I think that's why I love computers because you can take and swap things around, mod things and do all sorts. Anyway, hi guys :)

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi! Looking to buy a Lenovo Y500 and researching things to be able to do to it here. You can find n1smo and I both bumping up a specific thread on the official lenovo forums because there's major problems with the laptop that needs attention from lenovo. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi, Just Introducing myself. I am GrimMachine and have owned an MSI GT780DXR-621UK for 10 months. I have just changed the graphics card to a 7970M, installed a backlit keyboard and carried out a few other small mods to it. I also flashed the bios to Xonar's unlocked bios (thanks goes to Xonar for that).

I have a keen interest in laptops and lately modding them (moving on from heavily modding desktop pc's) as I am a keen pc gamer and working away from home has ignited my interest in laptops as I needed to game on the go.

Hi to all!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi, i'm Nicolai, a proud and happy owner of a Lenovo Ideapad Y500. But still i want to get more out of my laptop.

That's why i joined this forum. This is the only website on Google where you can download a bios update for the Ideapad Y500 (not to be confused with the Lenovo 3000 Y500), not even on the Chinese Lenovo website, the only Lenovo site which has the Windows 7 drivers for the Ideapad Y500, the english and dutch Lenovo site only has Windows 8 drivers. And you have a nice modded one as well :D I <3 modding. I'm an active member on the dutch tweaking and modding site Tweakers - Website van het jaar 2012

I'm sorry for my bad English, I'm from Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Holland)

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi guys!

I'm the guy from NBR which helped Tech Inferno Fan with UDMA fix for PATA HP caddy.

Here is the actual fix.

It seems to be a tendency to ban good people for their contribution and their own opinion about everything.

Sad news about Tech Inferno Fan I've been enjoying reading his mod-stuff, seems to be a very tech-skilled guy.

Anyways, I have a little problem now which I need your help too guy, I'm gonna post further details in specific thread.

Peace & Respect.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hi,

I came here from NBR (got the same name so some might recognize me) I got interested in computers when i bought my MSI GE60. I have been overclocking it for a bit but want to take it to the next level (currently got the highest 3dmark vantage score for i5 and 650m) So i signed up here to learn about advanced overclocking :) I heared at NBR this was the place to learn about tweaking the vbios and stuff like that.

Cheers, Daniel

• Thumbs Up 3

Hello there. I go by ZeroBarrier. Currently own a G75VW and before that a G50VT both from ASUS. (You can imagine how drastic the jump is from Core 2 Duo & nVidia GeForce 9800M GS to a i7 & GTX660m (currently overclocked in games to 1200/3100 <3)

Pleasure to meet you all.

• Thumbs Up 1

hello, my online name is dbrasco75. I also am registered at NBR and ROG, and i'm here to learn. I don't post much, because, i'm fairly new to pc and I like to read and learn all that I can about stuff from uncle webb and chastity@asus rog. was alway's a console gamer, mostly sony's console's, ps1,2 and 3. but, x-mass 2011 got my first gaming rig, asus g73jh-bst7. with the years that have gone bye, the hardware is a little dated for most of the software that's out now. am playing far cry 3 right now and I can't stand that I have to play on low setting's with DX9 so, started searching around and found chastity's Modded v93 vBIOS/od2.rar. also did Version 5: G73JhAS.213.Moddedv5 and am in the process of learning how to set up throttlestop correctly on my rig from reading uncle webb's The ThrottleStop Guide. but i'm still in the the middle of learning how to do that. so any advice anybody has on how to set it up on the g73jh-bst7 with the intel i7 740qm not the 720qm would be much appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 2

hi, my name is gerphil and i'm from germany.

got here thru research for gpu upgrades for my alienware m15x.

i'm a graphics artist (2D/3D) and admin, working at a renderfarm.

i usually use my aw m15x for graphics and gaming (just WoW, quakeworld and quakelive :) )

• Thumbs Up 1