Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello all, 

I am in a quest to give my laptop, an MSI GX660 a new found purpose. I am in the process of finding an unlocked BIOS for it and I was able to find this forum. It's nice to see a the efforts of such a dedicated community and their efforts to help people like me. 

Nice to have found this place.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I run http://www.SanDiegoLAN.net and was given an old Alienware m14x laptop as a gift to try and fix up. It was in pretty bad shape but after fixing all the cosmetic issues I could, i'm now hoping to find an unlocked BIOS for it and I hear this is the place.

You can find the video of the refurb project on http://www.Youtube.com/SanDiegoLAN

Edited by BrianAnim

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have a 2014 ASUS G751JT laptop that I still use for school and gaming. Looking to soak up all the tips and tricks that people have on these forums. Already upgraded the OS drive to SSD and running HYPERX DDR3 ram. Will eventually build a tower but will more than likely continue using my laptop,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 
friends call me ZuluTango :)
I am the proud owner of an M17xR3 .

Since last July, I am working slowly with my limited skills to upgrade my little baby against everyone that suggests me to get rid of it and get a new one.
Started with battery and power cable; Done
Then got SSD's and Win10 reinstall ; Done
Now I got a 780M in a box waiting for me to work on it (thanks to mattyb3 for all his advice and patience!)
Once done, I'll probably ask the forum the following: CPU upgrade for a M17xR3 :)
Oh and memory was upgraded first 4-5 years back :)

Nice to be here

Best,

ZuluTango

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! From what I see there are a lot of newcomers looking for custom vBios.

I won't lie that I came here looking specifically for tech community, at first. I am looking forward to tweak my GTX 970m, because from what i see, there is a lot of thermal space. I am owner of Hyperbook X17-G (CLEVO P770ZM-G1 - polish reseller with own brandin).

I am proud father of litle baby girl - what implies, that there is not many time to develop own passion, but I really believe that I can learn a lot from this community :) Looking forward to have my own contribution to the community :)

Cheers Guys!

Edited by PGenious

• 2 weeks later...

Big Hello From NY.

I decided to wipe the dust off my old M15x and from what I see, there's some more life I can squeeze out of this laptop. Looking forward to jumping in and see what this site has to offer.

Edited by Fiber_M15X

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I introduce myself Zero_cool (or predator depending on the forums). I have an asus G502VS that I hacked to stop heating up and that I just bought an alienware m15x R2 (i7 940XM, 460m GTX, 8Gb ddr3, 256GB SSD and 240W power supply). I'm looking for tips and mutual help to boost the latter to the max

In addition to this, you need to know more about it.
Edited by Zero_cool

Hey all, just joined. avid pc enthusiast and builder here. I've come across Tech inferno many times researching things I needed for builds or repairs. 
Always viewed as a guest and learned a lot of valuable info from some of the threads here. So i decided to join in as well as show some mad respect and appreciation to those doing the crazy bios mods and other most excellent work that the big name companies don't want people to know can be done. 

looking forward to hopfully using a gtx 680m unlocked bios as well as a gtx 970 unlocked bios for my alienware laptops I refurbished.

take care

GrimmRelic87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, you can call me Hawk.  I'm looking to extend the life of my lenovo y510p.  The wireless N card in it has always been terrible and I'm hoping to be able to swap it out with a newer AC card.  I'll browse the forums and offer advice where I can.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I found the forum a long while ago but never made an account, theres a lot of great people here who helped me a lot with their threads and advices, I have a M18x R2 Alienware, its old, but I love this rig and I'm trying to upgrate it as much as I can.