Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hi All

I am Tony. I have over 20 years' experience in IT, having started in electronics. I'm not a programmer at all though.

Have a 4 year old Clevo P650SG that has the annoyingly locked BIOS and I'm hoping to be able to get a hold of one that will allow me to get access to all the things Clevo decided to lock down. Grr

Happy to advice around general IT and computing, but as above, clueless about BIOS modding etc right now, but also looking to try to learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.  Been checking out bits and pieces of OC info on various Nvidia cards on this board for a couple years now.  Used some instructions to OC an old 680GTX card I had and have loved the guides.  Not sure why I didn't join sooner as there's definitely a ton of helpful info on these forums!!

Been in the IT industry for almost 10 yrs now even though my degree is in Biochem...don't ask me how that happened.  I'm still still not sure how I'm in this industry but is all good because I have learned so much and definitely love implementing what I've learned.

Needed a modded bios for the GTX 880M that's in my old MSI GT70 rig.  Been into gaming forever, but have recently gone from more of a console gamer to almost exclusively PC gaming in the last few years.  It's time to crank this old rig up!!  See if I can melt the GPU or something and give me an excuse to build a crazy tower with a GTX 1660ti or something.  Still waiting on the new RTX cards to get through some initial growing pains before I'm ready to invest.

Anyways, HMU if you need any general IT help or networking issues as I have a decent amount of experience in that field.

Hi guys,  I just signed up to finish my Alienware M18x R2 mods (video cards and bios).  

Is there a moderator that can help me with membership and access to downloads?  I paid for the Tier 1 recently but don't see my account changing in status.  Sent a message to the help desk here but haven't heard anything in days...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I found this forum by trying to see if it was possible to mod my Lenovo Y500 Gen1 with SLI 650M, as I was struggling to play some modern games with it. It looks like there's definitely some work that needs to be done in order for me to make any mods. I look forward to participating in the forum. Happy Holidays!

Hi,

I'm Damian and I come from Poland. Recently I bought EXP GDC to use external graphic card to my Lenovo Z710 laptop (i7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, GeForce GT745, SSD). Unfortunately my laptop has a "whitelist" in BIOS and I must do something about it. I hope, I can find solution to my problem on TechInferno. If my project succeed I will show step by step how to do it. Greetings!

Hello everyone, I'm Jens. I came across this site recently. It all started about a week before Christmas. There I was, playing battlefield and I started to notice this weird smell.. It was coming from my desktop, I exited the game had a look around and the smell went away.. I was like well I better do some cleaning, I have logged over 3000hours in battlefield alone plus a bunch of other games and never opened and cleaned the PSU. So I took the thing apart, removed some dust and put it back and had another go. Everything fine, maybe dial down the overclocks a bit, and check my fan settings.. Do some benchmarks and play some games.. But nope, the PSU kept getting hot. Really hot, I had it open and did some test and found a choke pushing 165c next to the mosfets and a cap almost bursting it's content from the heat, not good. Had a shorted coil, and thermal runaway as a result.

So in the time I waited for a replacement 1000w desktop PSU I spent most of the time on my old MSI GT70 gaming laptop. And so I began to think this thing could do with an upgrade.. And I found several posts on here of ppl running GTX980m and maybe some GTX1060m cards. So now it got me curious, what about the new RTX cards.. They are bigger about 20mm more, but what if I could make one fit.

Well I think this site looks like a good place to start, with a good community of ppl helping others. So I guess I will stick around and have some fun. Happy 2020!

Hello, I stumbled across your excellent forum with reading up on how to remove whitelist limitations on lenovo laptops...  Unreal that such a needless restriction would be put in place but thankfully there are always folks that are willing to reverse engineer these things and share with the greater community.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. New guy here. I just stumbled onto this site while looking for a way around the dreaded Lenovo Whitelist for WiFi cards. I've been working in IT for around 17 years or so now so it's always nice to find a good forum with outside the box information.

Hi All,

My name is Miguel and I'm from Galicia, Spain.

I just build my Lenovo G580 from several broken ones. It's working fine but the WiFi card is shown as unauthorized network card.

After googleing too much about this error i found there is a White list and here, i saw a post where you know how to disable it.

this is the first thing i´m interested, but i saw some threads i want to read and learn

What is up?

Known as Igor Eisberg, dev mainly in the fields of C#, Java and Android, and working on both Windows and Linux environments. Notable projects are XperiFirm and UnSin for Sony Xperia devices and a dev for the Xiaomi.eu custom ROM project. Looking to dive deeper into laptops in order to get the most efficiency out of it, would definitely improve my workflow.

Nice being here with you all, and hope to learn something useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people. Im Linas from Lithuania. 
found this site while looking for modded vbios for my almost fresh installed 680M on HP elitebook 8770w.
I hope to have best knowledge here for OC and cooling

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 7:15 PM, Taskr36 said:

Hey everyone. New guy here. I just stumbled onto this site while looking for a way around the dreaded Lenovo Whitelist for WiFi cards. I've been working in IT for around 17 years or so now so it's always nice to find a good forum with outside the box information.

Me too. I'm just trying to upgrade my network card to dual-band Wifi. If anyone could download the files from the following thread and put them on zippyshare, it would be much appreciated: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/file/19-lenovo-y400-y500-unlocked-bioswlan-whitelist-files/ 

Hi, I'm Jackob,

my brother gave me his old Clevo P370EM and I want to give second life to this DTR :)

I've upgraded CPU that can be OCed, sold 2x GTX 670MX and replaced them with GTX 980m (1 for now, but I'm hunting for 2nd).

I flashed Prema bios, tried to flash prema vbios for 980m but it don't want to work with my card so I hoping to get promoted and be able to download johnksss & svl7 vbios.

Thanks.

Hi everybody!  Stygeon here. I have an Alienware M18x R2 that im not going to give up on. Doing everything i can to keep her alive. Currently trying to revive a dead 880m i purchased off ebay which is what brought me here. Going to do my best to stay on top of my post and help out when i can.