Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello everyone, my name is Anton, from the Philippines. I've been a computer enthusiast for quite some time now but i've really only gotten deep into gaming laptops in the past 4 years or so due to the nature of my job. I find this segment more interesting, especially how manufacturers use new technological advancements in fabrication to create new hardware which are both more powerful and more efficient. I joined this group to able to be able to squeeze out the most out of my current gaming laptop

Funny topic :-)

Well, I am Costas and I joined this portal just to get necessary vBIOS.

(I was unpatient and got 6usd donate to make it quick :baby:

But on the whole - I see lots of interesting stuff.

I am found of hardware and often have my PC overhauled twice per year with big upgrades.

Just like a toy for grown ups. Or, those who aren't really grown ups :playful:

Hey, my name is Jon.  I recently purchased an HP 8570w and a Dell m6700.  (One quick note, the HP has a superior build quality)  Moving on, both have i7 processors.  I have upgraded most things on both and now I'm at the graphics cards.  The HP has a Quadro k1000m and the Dell has a Quadro k3000m.  Both need to be replaced, but replacement upgrades certainly hold their value.  I have done a bit of research on both and have decided the vbios on both need manipulation.  Long story short, I found this website and done quite a bit of reading.  So here I am, at the next step.

Hi, I've just registered to TechInferno being attracted by personal involvement of Prema and his BIOS modifications for Clevo computer systems. I hope I'll get Elite Membership eventually and gain the needed privileges to download Premamod stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm an aussie, from australia, i am currently using a M17x Alienware *and loving it* but i have been finding that as of late, the computer has been a bit of the glitchy side, *only on certain games*. But the components are intel core i7-4700MQ, 2.4ghz octa core, 16gb Ram *low voltage* (I actually never knew that this alienware featured the low voltage version for ram, i did try using the higher type of ram but, without any success). with a nvidia geforce GTX 770m (3GB graphics card) which i'm looking forward to being able to overclock it. By the way, all components on the laptop have been cool, with a laptop cooler underneath the laptop at all times.

And with my desktop i have built an AMD budget Gaming PC...

Amd AM3+ FX Quad Core 4.2ghz BE 4400.

Asus Strix Radeon 480 (4GB).

8GB ram.

Hi, 

I’m Mike from NE PA. I just found this site while researching egpu and other items I find interesting. I have always been interested in pc’s, gadgets, programming, white hat hacking, protection against malware, etc. Just recently got into RPi. I use Windows, Mac, and Linux. Happy to be a part of the community. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Sam from the Philippines. Saw this site while looking for options for my M17x R3 Alienware. Hoping I could also help others while on this forum.

Hello all! my name is Asan, i am new here. location: Kuwait. (i am not an Arab) I finally get to register on this forum site. I have an Alienware M17x R3/ i bought it for less than 100$ working but not charging.I am trying to modify it as much as i can, doing it by myself. i registered here because i know most people here have a good knowledge on this matter and so i can seek help from you guys. thank you and looking forward to seek assistance from you guys.. 

cheers!!

Hello there. My name is Pablo. I registered on the forum to be able to download unlocked VBIOSes for my aging 680m and to learn some more about undervolting and possibly overclocking. Hope I can follow your expertise and if I can be of any service I'll be glad to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

VikingJoe from Texas. I just bought a new to me MSI Dominator GT72 2QE with an 8 gig GTX 980m which is what brings me here.

I love everything about the laptop except the temps. Hoping to figure out how to undervolt it a bit for better temps.

The only thing I have done to it so far is overclock the screen to 90hz.

Hello, the forum isn't very active but what the heck,

I'm from Oslo. Spend a lot of time tinkering with my desktop and currently wanting to maybe study network security.

(M) 23 love to chat about hardware and stuff.

Just a little small bio .

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all I'm just anoldman looking for some help.  Currently stumbling in the dark so to speak, looking for help with a laptop.  Have not yet figured out how this site works to even locate the manuals for download.  I see the thread wherein it was announced they had been made available, thinking back in 2014 but I am drawing blanks.

Hoping to eventually figure out where the wifi card access is on my son's Clevo W355SS  (Digital Storm Javelin).  Amazed at how difficult it is to find model specific information.  Hoping there is a point at which I can make an informational contribution.

Edited by anoldman
Adding thoughts.

Just thought I would share this bit of information.  Figured out how to get to the wifi card on the Clevo W355SS also known as Digital Storm Javelin.  The strip across the top of the keyboard snaps off and does so easily if you lift the keyboard edge first due to the way the catches on the tabs are positioned.  Once that is off, remove the 5 screws along the top edge of the keyboard, lift that edge and pivot the keyboard up.  The wifi card is in the upper right corner under the numerical pad.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Mariano from Coruña, Spain. Landed here nearly two years ago through another spanish forum debate about eGPU.

So, first of all, thanks by your previous inestimable help in running a R9_280x with a exp_gdc_beast_8 on an aspire_5750_g and second, that I'm here to learn because a new laptop is coming (I look over a used hp elitebook 2570p).

I'm glad to be here

• 2 weeks later...