Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hey all...  Found my way to the site earlier today while searching for a fix to Lenovo's ridiculous hardware whitelist on my laptop.  Looking forward to giving the solution posted by svl7 a try as soon as I can.  Since then I've been looking around and checking things out. What I've found so far, from Brian's article (https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/9187-in-the-future-cancer-will-be-treated-by-cutting-it-out-of-your-dna/) to Xonar's opening post in this thread, has intrigued me.  I'm looking forward to reading more.

Now, about me... Science/tech geek. Always looking to learn more about whatever. TV bing watcher. Got a question? Just ask. 

Hey Im RomulusCreative... I have asus g11 with 970m and upgraded speed of ram.. Also a Msi what would be a barebones case gt70 laptop that Xotic pc put their work in.. 880m ssd etc basically i do minor gaming with it and some editing with... Hope to build a custom one soon with watercooling and 2 1080s.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm Jose Villegas, I'm new here, I just came for the M11x bios unlocked and seems I have to get promoted or something in order to download it, but I want to take the chance to be part of a forum again, a decade ago I started a group that changed the industry and everything started from a forum.

I was a tech lover, I got my first laptop in 2007, a DELL XPS M1210, without GPU, the price of the laptop was way higher than the average of the market, I started to install games and realized nothing worked. I joined the biggest tech forum in Spanish language CHILEHARDWARE, I started to learn a lot, but I mean A LOT, I found out that most of the computers in that time were using 9xx chipsets, 945 and 965 Intel chipsets, those were not capable of graphics processing, and I thought there had to be a way to change the paradigm.

I kept learning A LOT and going deeper to the point that I became the leader of the entire forum, make the thread of "juegos que corren en intel 945" the most visited thread in any forum in Spanish language, that thread got so big that we started to receive people speaking English and Portuguese. I dont know when I started to experiment and try new things with the updates I studied every file in the updated from Intel, and one day I modified and modified and modified while I kept learning and learning... for months and months.

Here comes the interesting part, in a timeline I bought the XPS M1210 in Jan of 2007, joined CHW a couple of months later, I kept learning and experimenting until in march of 2008 I designed my onw mod driver, at that point I was already member of a small group in English from google groups, one day I posted the driver in both groups CHW thread and google group and that was when 9xxSSF was born.

What is that? basically in the past there was a HUGE difference between the categories in the market of computers, Home/business and gaming. Home/Business were not capable of running games with Shader model requirements, while gaming computers obviously were capable of running them. Manufactures were not worried about the needs of both markets, it was funny to see a 1300 USD latop in 2007 not being capable of running games.

I lost the track, when I released the driver in both groups it was a success, now Home/business users were able to run shader model 2.0 games, such as Half life 2 and Counter Strike Source just to mention some games.

How I made it? I studied the graphics processing unit to a point where I realized that 9XX chipsets were not capable of processing shader model 2 and directx 9, I found out that 9xx had the same hardware architecture these were the ancestors of X4500 chpsets which were the new generation of chipsets, still not capable of doing nothing impressive but already capable of at least running COD modern warefare In LOW settings. What I did was to adapt the software from new gen chipsets to be compatible with 9xx chipsets, that way 9xx chipsets could unlock new software capabilities therefore their hardware capabilities could be exploited to the max potential.

It took me about 6-5 months of over 12 hours daily of modify, install, test, uninstall, repeat to release a software capable of making the chipsets used on +85% of the home/business to be able to run games, it was madness. real software developers joined me in this project and we managed to reach Intel made business and changed the paradigm, worked with Intel in a project that changed the market forever, from that point laptops with integrated chipsets became capable of running ANY game available in the market ar MED - LOW settings depending on SSD, CPU and RAM but at least now home/business users can run a game. Later Intel corp and 9xx SSF became enemies after Intel sued the team for a driver a developer stole and got earnings from that.

Well that was my history in forums, now promote me and let me get my unlocked BIOS!

Hi everyone, my name is Fabio and I'm currently New Zealand based. I am about to finish my software engineering studies as well.

What brought me here is my interest in technology and eGPUs. I am happy to share my knowledge concerning software, but I need to learn a lot about hardware.

Hello everyone .. I'm Bruno , from Portugal. 

I already knew the forum , but only registering now to aks for some help. Brand new GT72VR with a GTX 1060 , and looking for a custom bios to unlock the GPU power limit.

thanks all  

Hello everyone i'm new to this forum and english is not my native language so be kind. I own a msi gt 70-onc and i plan to mount an egpu that's the reason i'have joined this community, i hope someone will be able to help me on this. 

Thank you.

And also i'have started a thread where i ask some advice but nobody seems interested to do so. So please if you have the time check my post.

Hi, and thanks for hosting the only place for REAL answers for our machines beyond the manufacturer and vendors.

I have recently inherited my younger brother's Clevo P370em, who passed away due to progression of a rare type of cancer.

We built it together a few years ago for the portability of his heavy audio production needs... and when compared to other laptops, it was FAR superior, and seemed to be the most future proof.

It was out of our budget, but we figured for it's reliability and power, it would pay for itself in the long run. This ended up being his last laptop.

He was a musical genius, and made some great music through this machine as well as producing a lot of local bands.

This laptop is really all I have left of him. It contains all of his unfinished works and custom audio-production settings.

I hope to continue his work and legacy... and I will continue to evolve this machine and keep it alive. It's a part of the family.

A couple days after he died, this laptop got handled by a lot of people interested in Nate's music (including Sony's music dept.) and it was inadvertently upgraded to Window 10 which broke a lot of functionality.

I've spoken with XoticPC and Sager, about some of the many issues regarding this machine in Windows 10, all to no avail. I am a former IT (computer repairman) and have a lot of experience with hardware and end-user level software, but I am not a coder or programmer of any sort. I am dumb in that sense. The roll-back to W7 option is not available in recovery... So, the Windows 10 software/driver issues as well as other hardware upgrade concerns will be the bulk of my questions and notes here on this forum.

Thank you to everyone here,

Ray.

(Nate O'Neill 07/17/1990 - 07/04/2016)

Edited by arortiz73
typo

Hi folks,

I stumbled upon this page while looking for a solution which would allow my SLI GTX 880M Thunderbolt port to connect to a monitor that has 120HZ frequency refresh rate or higher.  

I've played with those cardboard 3D DIY goggles for smart phones and that got me interested in trying ou the nVidia 3D vision.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to connect any monitor using the Thunderbolt Port/mini Displayport at 120Hz at all.   I've tried various cables, monitors, drivers, toggling G-SYNC on and off, Toggling SLI enabled/disabled, and tried different Thunderbolt Port  Security seetings (Legacy, Unique ID, and DP++), but nothing has working so far to resolve the "no signal detected from Displayport" from the monitors.   Even though the monitors and the cables do work at 120Hz  on friend's Apple MacBook Pro.    I've had this problem for half a year now and hoping for a solution.    I'm eager to see if the Keplar  v1.00 nVidia BIOS would make any difference or not.

Hello everybody,

I  found my way to this forum looking for an eGPU solution. Until recently I have been quite content with the gaming abilitites of my  Mbpr, since I usually don't need fancy graphics. However,  I am taking the plunge because of CivVI – so here we are.

Kind regards,

ThatOrangeGuy

Hello.

Found my way to this forums, from the notebookreview website. I have a 880m and alot of people are saying I need the vbios to unlock its true potential.
I have pretty much no experience with flashing gpus vbios but I guess I got to try.
Notebook: G750jz

I'm curious if this forum ASUS g75VW bios will fix some issues in linux.

I play dirt 3 on linux -> wine -> windows steam -> dirt 3 + forced directx9

I'm a long term linux user. I hardly used windows vista. I only claimed windows 10 but I do not intend to use it.

Hello, I found this forum while searching for doing a GPU upgrade on my Acer V3-771g (Geforce GT650m) notebook.

For years I've been told that GPUs simply can't be changed on a notebook, but recently I've been searching more thoroughly and found out that notebooks that uses MXM card GPUs can be upgraded, however my notebook does not have this. So I started looking into buying a new computer, but seeing as I live in Norway, a decent gaming laptop costs way too much with my current salary. Then I started looking into the "impossible" as quoted from everywhere online regarding upgrading the GPU on a notebook.

During this time, my keyboard broke and I had to send the notebook off to get repaired. While waiting for a rental computer I decided to boot up my old Dell Latitude E5420, but to my dismay it was running slower than ever. I decided to do my first ever cooling paste replacement, and with this particular notebook you have access to the CPU and cooling unit directly from the bottom cover. The replacement was done in 10 minutes. I decided to do the same to my even older (2009) Acer Aspire 5737Z. I had previously tried to open this notebook but for the life of me I couldn't understand how to even get the thing open. After some youtube browsing I found a guide, and after 2 hours of tearing the laptop completely apart I got to the motherboard, flipped it around and saw the cooling unit. 5 minutes later the paste is replaced and I start putting everything back together. Then right before attaching the keyboard I saw a connector with no cables going into it, and I was sure I had forgotten something. Ripped it apart again, got none the wiser, then downloaded a service manual. This particular connector is for a peripheral I don't have on this computer (fingerprint scanner). Put everything back together, boot up, no errors, everything runs smoothly.

But what I found while inspecting the motherboard was that the graphics unit is visibly there, and I thought that it shouldn't be that impossible to actually replace it (on my 771g). This leads to me searching around and finding out that it is soldered on (and most people still considered it impossible to upgrade for this reason). Until I found a post from this forum that somebody indeed has succeeded in the thing 99% of the internet considers an impossiblity. After reading through that post a few times and having exchanged PMs with Khenglish (who have been very helpful), I found out that I in fact can upgrade my notebooks GPU to as high as Geforce GTX 960m.

So that's my backstory as to why I'm here. I have bought a solder station and preheater for this purpose, along with a lot of equipment like thermocoupler, polyimide tape, a bottle of >99% iso-propanol, flux, solder braid, GPU cores and some more. I have spent quite a lot of money, but all of this comes down to a total of 1/4 of the price of a notebook with 960m where I live.

When I have received everything I need to do this upgrade, I will make post on this forum detailing the entire process. I still have a few things to work out regarding vBIOS. Hopefully I will be successful in my attempt.

• Thumbs Up 1