Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Whats up guys. Just here to read a few things for the y510p. Thanks!

On 3/8/2016 at 1:58 PM, maxim008 said:

Hey guys.

I'm from germany and i bught a few weeks ago a Lenovo Y500 with SLI GTX650.

A short time before i realized, that the WiFi card is pretty ... well "outdated". I cant even use the 5GHz Band of my router.

So i bught a new WiFi card: Intel AC 7260

Replacing the original card i realized, that this notebook have a "whitelist", (as my old IBM ThinkPad T42 as well).

So ... using google for a while and reading several tutorials i thing this one, written by svl7, is the best one.

I hope my account will be unlocked next saturday, so i can downlaod the necessary files and unlock the BIOS to use all WiFi cards

On 3/16/2016 at 6:18 PM, reverenddak said:

Hey All, I'm Dak from Los Angeles. Old-school gamer, built my own Gaming PCs before Pentiums were a thing, but the last desktop I built had only a Thunderbird 1.2Ghz processor, and I can't remember what the video card was. But I rocked dual Voodoo2's back in the day...

Currently trying to get some life out of my Ideapad y500 with 650M/SLI. Thinking about bumping up the RAM from 12 to 16, and installing a 256GB mSATA drive for the OS.  What I really need, though, is to update the WLAN card to something with 5Ghz. Found this site looking to hack the BIOS.

On 3/18/2016 at 1:21 PM, marcin25975 said:

Hi everyone!  Registered to learn about GPU and BIOS stuff. My laptop Lenovo y580

Lol Looks like the era of lenovo's control is coming to a end! Hopefully.

Edited by D3monicBlaz3

Hey all. 

I've joined this community to hopefully learn more about overclocking and other advanced concepts.

Also have a Lenovo Y510P that runs as hot as the surface of the sun when playing any game, so the modded VBIOS wouldn't hurt to have as well ;)

And finally, wouldn't mind some advice on what's going on with my main rig. Will be posting a thread about it fairly soon-ish.

Edited by Phentos

Hey guys.

I have been lucking for a while.

I code mainly in Java, and C++, not so much now as 

before.

Not sure how this whole promotion thing works.

The 6 dollars isn't so much a problem; however, you

guys don't allow paypal.  The interwebs is a scary place.

I was mostly looking at bios mods for my laptop.

• Founder
2 hours ago, krunkman4 said:

Hey guys.

I have been lucking for a while.

I code mainly in Java, and C++, not so much now as 

before.

Not sure how this whole promotion thing works.

The 6 dollars isn't so much a problem; however, you

guys don't allow paypal.  The interwebs is a scary place.

I was mostly looking at bios mods for my laptop.

We only accept PayPal, why did you think we don't?

• Founder
3 minutes ago, krunkman4 said:

When I went to pay, it directly asked me for my credit card information.  No t through paypal.  Granted that was last month, but idk.

Even when it was based on cc payments (3+ months ago) it went through PayPal via a secured connection and no cc data was kept on our server.

On 3/8/2016 at 1:58 PM, maxim008 said:

Hey guys.

I'm from germany and i bught a few weeks ago a Lenovo Y500 with SLI GTX650.

A short time before i realized, that the WiFi card is pretty ... well "outdated". I cant even use the 5GHz Band of my router.

So i bught a new WiFi card: Intel AC 7260

Replacing the original card i realized, that this notebook have a "whitelist", (as my old IBM ThinkPad T42 as well).

So ... using google for a while and reading several tutorials i thing this one, written by svl7, is the best one.

I hope my account will be unlocked next saturday, so i can downlaod the necessary files and unlock the BIOS to use all WiFi cards

I am in exact same position.I have the same laptop and bought the same wlan card(AC7260) I found out that i have to mod the bios. When i googled the message that laptop shows after ac7260 installation, i reached here. Then i could not download the files, as i understood 5 posts were needed. I tried to post some thanks but i got a warning for spamming and for a day i could not post anything, in the meanwhile the laptop was uncovered waiting for a solution.

Hi all, My names Michael from Texas. I've been reading the forums and posts for awhile now and felt it was time to join in although I seriously doubt I would have much input as it seems you're expertise far exceed mine in this field as I merely Diagnose and repair Generator OS systems. ECU's & ECM's and there programing are far from rocket science, but I know I will learn a lot here.

I personally utilize an Alienware M18X R2 and an assortment of others for work and have been learning all that I can about Bios, unlocking Bios and its modifications. I'll try to be as active as possible however my job as a Field tech sometimes does not afford much time. I'm thankful for a site like this where folks can go to to learn and grow to later pass on to others.  Now if I could only get my son to take an interest instead of handing me his computers saying " Can yeah fix it?" every time it dies.

Well off to work.

Michael

Hello everybody,

I'm a freak development, and testing of all kinds. I'm in the optical unlock my graphics card (GeForce 770M) and find some tips that can aier me optimize my pc (x70 Qosmio-A-138) :)

Hi Guys, my name is Mako from Inverness, Scotland. 
Been building and modding desktops for a few years now, thought i would try my hand at laptops now since realising my Medion Erazer X6819 was upgradeable, i've done loads of searches recently while looking to upgrade my graphics and this site seems to come up alot and seems well respected in the community.

Gotta do a bit more reading on here before doing any more upgrades - the next stage seems a little harder than swapping out a Graphics card and modding a heatsink.

Will be asking alot of questions very soon ;)

Hi all, I'm wissper, from the DC area.  I'm a survivor of 20 years in systems and networking administration moving into the practice of law to handle cybersecurity and data privacy issues.  I've seen a ton of sites that all claim to have top notch mods, but this site is by far the most thorough and well supported that I've seen.  I look forward to learning from the community as I stumble my way through my hobby hacks lol.

Regards

Heyy, I'm arbitrarygrill, I've got a Dell Precision M6600 which I've just upgraded from a quadro 3000m to a quadro k4000m, I'm hoping to use slv7's modded vbios to push this card even further.

I managed to roughly get a 70% OC on the 3000m's core, alas it was only just good enough to play The Witcher 3 at 768p with average 30fps on lowest (textures on ultra).

This seems like a wonderful, if slow forum, and I'm glad to have joined it. c:

Hi, I'm Maxilos from the Philippines! Mabuhay!

I came here after googling eGPU's, then I found this forum site. Pretty neat.

I also happen to own an old Alienware M14X R1, so I'm looking forward to tweak it a little with the help of this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, i am Zach from the Midwest of USA and i have stumbled across this forum when researching laptops namely my AW m15x which i learned to upgrade and modify through svl7's crazy mods and others who sadly my internal memory has dropped. But i am very much so excited to be on this forum cuz of the great people on it!