Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello everybody :)

I am Matija from Croatia. 

First, sry for my Bad english :(

I love techs, soo computers is my passion :)

I just bouth knew laptop, ASUS ROG G751, so i need little help over flasing bios on 970m gpu, and as i can see, you guys know your stuff :)

Hello again and tnx :)

Hi people, I'm Matt also known as SmellyLlama (you can find me on steam under that name). I've been an avid Pc fan since I was a wee lad, playing NASCAR on my dad's work computer and installing Sierra games that came on 12 floppy disks. Lately I had to downsize my gaming rig to a laptop and ended up with an Alienware m17x which I have upgraded with more ram, msata hdd, ssd and a hybrid ssd. I've been using Windows 10 from the moment it was available and have had problems that have slowly worked themselves out, very happy with it now. At home I have a small media server and run Kodi around the house on Raspberry Pi's, this has been a fun project. 

Look forward to a fun community, cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi all!

I'm Simon, French guy living in Ireland (for now).

I have had quite an interest in computer science and hardware since I first got my hands on a PC some decades ago. ^^

I bought a Clevo P170HM a few years ago and have read quite a few of the posts on this forum since then.

I'm looking forward to learn from you and participate in this community!

Cheers!

Hello, 

My name is Ramy, I'm from the Netherlands. Young computer fanatic that is slowly learning all there is about computers.

I own a Lenovo Y510P that I'm trying to upgrade, that's how I got on this forum, through a thread @svl7 placed on flashing the BIOS

Hoping to learn a lot here and if I'm able to, maybe even help out here and there.

Looking forward to meet the community!

Hello

My name is Brandon I'm from NC in the U.S but currently stationed in South Korea. I fell away from pc gaming for awhile but I'm back again. tired of crappy graphics on console. I have a old m17x r3.  I play on steam but I don't know a lot of pc gamers so always looking for new friends and games to play.

Howdy. hbar98 here! I'm interested in computer hardware, and have started dabbling in more advanced networking stuff. Just recently built a pfsense box. Overkill? Probably. But heck of a thing to tinker with.

I currently have a y500 that I'm going to do the BIOS mod. I have an Intel wifi card waiting in the wings.

Have a good one!

Hello. I don't see many recent intros from new members. Does anyone still read this forum? In any case I just joined so I could download some Y510P BIOS hacks. Thank you peeps for those nice mods. I'm not that much of a gamer...but I like to use gaming laptops for the cybersecurity consulting gigs I work on. Am from the Baltimore/DC area and I do consulting for the feds and various other companies. I need to have a fast laptop with a smooth and awesome keyboard and I haven't found one better than the Y510P. 

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Read the forum rules.

• Once you have sufficient activity over this week, your account is flagged for moderator review. At that time you either get promoted or don't. 

I did, and I created my account and never used it at that time, i have since needed to use it and am willing to participate. So since my initial week has passed I am SOL unless I pay? Or I need to create a new account? 

• Founder
2 minutes ago, MEB said:

I did, and I created my account and never used it at that time, i have since needed to use it and am willing to participate. So since my initial week has passed I am SOL unless I pay? Or I need to create a new account? 

You need to participate which going by your post count you haven't.