Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Oh man, I understand you) I came here with 780m and vbios and alsooo need 5 high-quality unbelievable comments :06:

from what the feedback is from the vbios i think it will be worth it. Wish i went with the 780m as it seems to be much more stable under heavy load than the 880m

Hello T|I member base,

To be honest, I really enjoy threads like this on computer technical sites. It really make things feel more like a home than just a random place for people to be full of pride and arrogance about why they are the best at whatever.

About myself:

I am 21 years old and have been fiddling with computers since I was 12. I have crashed many computers and then fixed them. I really enjoy working on and with computers. Currently, I am in college to obtain my pharmacy doctorate degree, but I plan to get a bachelor's in programming and software development for fun afterwards. :)

Anyway, I mainly delt with desktop computers, but about two years ago, I bought an Alienware m17x r4 off of eBay, and I love it. It is much easier to transport than a full atx tower. I still consider myself to be a novice in regards to anything computer related, but I still have a lot of fun trying new things.

How I found T|I:

Recently, I decided to upgrade my laptop gpu from a 7970m to a gtx 980m. When attempting to do this, I found the thread on this site where people were actively discussing how they did the upgrade. I found that there was a specific strategy on how to upgrade. I decided to become a member of this site because everyone seemed so helpful. It also seemed like people were having fun trying new things and new ways to upgrade their computers. I really enjoy it when people are having fun with their computers. At the moment, I am in the process of replacing my bios chip because I used absolutely no common sense. It will be really fun to actually mess with the hardware of my computer instead of always with the software. :)

I know that there is a high risk of damage to my computer, but it wouldn't be fun without a risk, right?

Anyway, I appreciate the opportunity to join this site and be part of the lively discussions. :)

yolo i do stuff such as 3d (visit my site if you want xbp.ca) and i have a laptop too omg such wow and i'd like to overclock my screen but lenovo is dumb and i cant deacticate optimus unless i unlock the bios and i like boat big boat

- - - Updated - - -

same here

Hi, I found this forum when I was looking for a fix for the BIOS on my friends Lenovo y510p which was stuck in a windows recovery boot loop caused by a faulty BIOS. But upon further exploration of these forums I'm sure I will continue to contribute to these forums. There's a great community here, and it's hard to find people in real life that are into building and modding computers.

Hi, technically I'm not a new member because I have had an account since December of 2013. So long time lurker, new contributor. :) Anyway, I love gaming laptops and prefer to game on them for their mobility. I found this forum through google searches and think it's awesome. Very useful/competent people here. I hope my posts will help some of you. Thanks!!

- Matt

I am a Web developper and I work on a G75vw at the moment. I do some gaming on occasion and probably like everyone here, I have to many "I have a problem with my computer, can you come over and take a look" friends :P

So, how did I end up at T|I? Actually, I've been lurking T|I for a long time.

I guess I can say the same thing, although I am new to everything about bios modding. The g75vw I just got is my first gaming laptop, and I love it. I can't wait to get to modding.