Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Rob, and I've been having trouble with my MSI GT70 laptop. First the sound wouldn't come out of the built-in speakers but came through the plug-and-play speakers I had. Fixed it by rolling back the driver.

now my fans won't work, and I found that this website has a program to manage the fans and I want it.

Hopefully I can be more involved in this community when I am less stressed about my laptop overheating.

Gday

I've been on an Alienware r4 for a couple of years now. My primary interst at this point is initialisation of a GTX675m to GTX780m upgrade following what seems to be a reasonably predictable and unsalvageable GTX675m bsod failure. The forum has already proven to be an excellent resource on these issues; thanks guys.

Hello everyone! Nice to find a good notebook modding community that is very active. I've built custom gaming rigs for years, but my MSI GT780DXR is my first foray into laptop modifications, so I hope to learn a lot on here.

Kinda neat. I'm wondering why is everyone asking for BIOS? Is there some value to a BIOS here that you don't get from the OEM? Sorry, but I thought I was tech savvy enough to play here but feel like a newbie

Hi Mich; from my rookie point of view, bios mods can enable the use of hardware that wasn't intended/invented for a particular rig. This obviously dramatically broadens ones customisation power. It'd certainly be interesting to hear what experienced folks and/or modders have to say on the topic.

• Founder
Hi Mich; from my rookie point of view, bios mods can enable the use of hardware that wasn't intended/invented for a particular rig. This obviously dramatically broadens ones customisation power. It'd certainly be interesting to hear what experienced folks and/or modders have to say on the topic.

that + unlock overclocking capabilities in some cases.

I'm Rob, and I've been having trouble with my MSI GT70 laptop. First the sound wouldn't come out of the built-in speakers but came through the plug-and-play speakers I had. Fixed it by rolling back the driver.

now my fans won't work, and I found that this website has a program to manage the fans and I want it.

Hopefully I can be more involved in this community when I am less stressed about my laptop overheating.

Rob now I could be wrong but from what i read you will need to flash the vbios of the GPU in order to have access to the fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Rob now I could be wrong but from what i read you will need to flash the vbios of the GPU in order to have access to the fan.

Hey all,

My name is Mike and i am not really new here but never became a elite member. As i am a technician i really like being here and on some other forums as well because i do like updating and doing stuff not everyone is doing. offcourse the limit is money and not the sky in my case.....:moneygrubber:

I own a few PC's and 2 laptops alienware and a cheap ass medion (easy when traveling i am not gonna take my alienware with me much).

The alienware:

CPU xm920, GPU GTX970m, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, 8 GB Corsair, 240 watt powerplant..........and WATERCOOLED :83:

more info soon.

Hello,

I use the alias Zero989 on many forums and have been posting on forums since 2003.

I've owned probably around 30 computers in the past 10 years.

Currently a proud owner of a maxed Area-51 R2 and nearly maxed Alienware 18!

I was previously a tech for a private college but am now just cruising in life and will be looking for another job soon.

Hello,

finally registered myself to TI forums ^^ guess its always been about some sort of laziness when it comes to registrations etc. that it took so long :)

Been actively working with hardware since '97 and from time to time found myself looking at information posted in these forums , so maybe finally would be a good idea to register :P

I came across this site by asking about the white lists of Lenovo laptops. I want to know what is on the list because I need a new wireless card. My intel 2230 is driving me crazy! I still haven't found anything about the white list itself and how to open it up. I really want to avoid flashing my BIOS.

Hi everyone,

I registry me, because I have an Lenovo Notebook with a lot of Problems. The newest Problem is that my W-lan Card is Damage and the new one not started.

So I Googled and come to this Forum.

Sorry for my bad englisch. :hopelessness: