Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hello All. Ive had this here Alienware m17x R4 for about half a year and Ive just installed my first SSD(Samsung 850 pro 1TB). Ive been optimizing, remodding Skyrim and reinventing my workflow with a fresh Windows install. I'm happy to find a forum where people have some real passion for there rigs.

Hey guys

I'm Damian from Leeds, UK. I bought an Alienware M18x r2 earlier this year, my first gaming laptop, and I had the gpus replaced in late September. I was looking for unlocked vbios which led me here (svl7 vbios are badass). I've been a member since September but not active as I don't feel I have the knowledge to really contribute; the guys on here are waaaaaaay smarter than me with technical stuff!

Hi all, I'm Brandon from Saskatchewan in frozen Canada. I purchased an M15x in '09 with fairly high specs at the time.

i7-720QM

6Gb DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM

GTX 260M

500Gb 7200 RPM HDD

Ive recently had a hard time playing games at acceptable frame rates so I've recently purchased a 940XM and a 660M hoping that will help.

I'm more of a car guy with a few sports cars, specifically 02 Mustang V6 for everyday driving and my pride and joy, a 1990 Nissan 300ZX Fairlady Z RHD with many modifications to the Driveline. It's quite a fun car with 525 WHP on the latest dyno.

I'm also an avid PC gamer wholly prefering mouse and keyboard over a controller any day.

Thats pretty much it, glad to be a part of the community!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Everyone! Just came across this community while searching for overclocking options for my Alienware m14x. I have the i7 4700 with a GTX 765m. I'm getting terrible FPS on Dragon Age Inquisition and was wondering if overclocking using a modded bios would be my solution. Fingers crossed :)

Hi my name is carl. Aka krazycarl. I got into gaming laptops almost exactly a year ago and I'm loving it so far. I'm wanting to upgrade my alienware 17 to 980m and that's what brought me to this forum. Lots of great stuff here if one is willing to take the time to read. I have already learned a lot of stuff here and hopefully I will be able to help others out with my experiences . Thanks for reading my post and happy holidays to all.

Hey all, I've had a Lenovo Y580 since early 2012.

i7-3630QM

8GB DDR3

GTX 660M

1TBHDD

Sick of constant connection drops between the Intel Centrino Wireless 2200BGN card and my WD MyNet750 router, so I'm here to mod my BIOS, install a new wireless card, and get a new router on Black Friday. Maybe I'll stick around thereafter. :P

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!

Edited by fiveighteen

Hi guys,

I'm hazeventura from northern germany. While searching for more information about my Lenovo Y580 a lot of links led me to this side - so i thought it would be a good idea to join TI.com .

Like i said before: I own a Lenovo Y580 with stock RAM (8GB) and HDD (1TB).

I just ordered new RAM (Corsair Vengeance 16GB) and a new SSD (Crucial MX100 256GB) to enhance performance.

My favourite Games are COD-Ghosts, Far Cry 3, and AC4-BF. As soon as the parts arrive, i will definately get Modern Warfare, Far Cry 4 and AC-Unity.

I study Engineering Management and i love old cars such as my 92' Mercedes-Benz W124.

Thats all for now - Have a nice day.