matth2212

MS-1762 upgrading from gtx 675m

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post, I'm not really that well educated in the world of laptops, so please go easy, I might need a bit of hand holding here.

my laptop is the GT70-0nc, its the barebones MS-1762 I believe,  I bought it from a custom laptop builder online. The 675m is fried I think, BSOD all over the place, disabling it and switching to my HD4000 integrated fixed the BSOD.

I'm looking into upgrading the GPU of my laptop except there's some things that have me completely baffled...

1. Which GPU's are actually compatible? - I was looking at the 680m but if there are newer gpu's that work I'd love consider those too.

2. I have read a lot about flashing my BIOS, this really confused me. I get the American Megatrends Logo on boot up, so I tried checking out their BIOS but everything i've read says use the MSI VBios?

I have a good bit of experience with the hardware in my laptop, I've taken it apart quite a few times like to change thermal paste / general maintinence and upgrade my WIFI card. it's the software and compatibility issues that are really getting me stuck.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

I have the 770m working with a 180w ps.

I went from 560m to 675m to 770m. Need to know how to flash vbios

u can go up till 980m like Svet from the msi Forum telling me

only Thing what u will Need is and unlocked bios from him i got it on my msi gt70 1762 at the Moment and ist running fine :) 

and if i remember right u Need to Flash ur ec but u will becomme nice advice and an how to .... from him :D 

nice :D the old machines still alive :D 

was one of my most loved machines the gt70

how ur temps?

Can anyone confirm MS-1761  Gt780DXR and upgrading the 570 1.5 to a 770M MSI card and whether one ca use the original 570 sink??  MS-1762 is model following the 780DXR, hoping we can leave sink as is

On 2017-02-04 at 10:13 AM, Bloetschkopf said:

Yes You can,but You have to fill up some Parts with Thermal Pads.

I appreciate your reply so just to confirm, I can drop an MSI 770M 3GB from a MS-1762 into a MS-1761 GT780DXR . I will just have to fill some area with thermal pads.

Will I be able to run this system with same power supply or does it need to be upgraded? I am guessing it does not.

Is plug & play,if You have a 180W Power Adapter than all is fine.

Here You can see the Different between the Heatsink from Fermi and Kepler Cards.

Heatsinks.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By picardilly
      Hey guys, I am Grga and i am new here. I rarely use forums but i am desperate in this case.
      So, as i have seen many of you have had the issue with obsolete BIOS versions for clevo P7xxZM machines,
      So i would like to hear your experiences and how you went about it. 
      I have recently bought an ssd Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2. From which i would like to boot the windows10.
      Little did i know that there was no support for that kind of protocol in the BIOS or that there is such thing as UEFI (for which i am still not sure what that is exactly, except some kind of successor of BIOS).
      So i did a bit of research and updated my Bios and ec to 1.03.15 and 1.03.09 respectively for which i understand is the last available official release. I changed to uefi mode with secure boot disabled etc... in short i did everything that my (limited) knowledge about these things allowed me to do (and the sweat of excitement and fear when i was flashing the bios for the first time in my life). But, alas, it all yielded no success,  and now i am lost. I have really no idea what to do, and whom to ask for help except for you guys here. The only thing that i understand worked for some of you is when you mentioned a wizard named @Prema so therefore i will try to do the same....
    • By captcavy
      Hello everyone,, I need your expertise, I have a m17 r4, (2012) unlocked A15 bios thanks to Klem, it has a Gtx 675m in it now, 
      I would like to know the best GPU to upgrade to without losing a lot of the factory functions of the alienware laptop, like being able to use both VGA functions such as intel 4000, and the factory bios for the cooling of the GPU, I don't want to solely rely on the nvidia
      As a full dedicated GPU, let me know what VGA card to get and what vbios to use, I will gladly donate beer to you for your help, or point me to a member on this forum who can help me,
      Thanks, Shelby,  Aka captcavy
    • By n0br4n
      Hello guys,
      I've a really weird problem. My laptop has started beeping when use nvidia gpu yesterday. I dissambled my laptop and tried to plug out every single hardware and test them one by one. There's 22 beeps and equal interval beetween them.  It goes shutdown after that 22 beeps.

My laptop is Clevo W650SJ and it uses Nvidia 840M gpu. That problem isn't causing because of windows or installed driver cos i tried to reinstall windows but it started to beeping when w10 installer check devices. Also I've bios password on startup , if i don't type password and hit the enter , it starts beeping after 10-15 sec. Also fan speed goes up to maximum and it doesn't slow down untill i shut it down or shutdown itself.

If i use any program or run a game which uses nvidia gpu , it starts beeping but if i close the game on first beeps , beeping is stops. But fan speed still maxiumum until i shutdown to pc.

I am looking a way to fix it. I didn't make any changes on my pc before than this problem.
    • By MessiWessi
      Hi,

I read a lot of different threads about the maximum possible M17X R2 configuration. But after I was more and more irritated.

What is at the end the best performant GPU solution (with unlocked bios and dirver mod) but WITHOUT manual fan control and such things. Because if I want to sell one day my M17X R2 I don't want to explain and force the buyer to control the GPU fan per hand.  
    • By natasha123
      I want to upgrade my GPU ( K3000M  to other card ) from M6700
      I found it :
      thank u. 

please help  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.