EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
matth2212

MS-1762 upgrading from gtx 675m

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post, I'm not really that well educated in the world of laptops, so please go easy, I might need a bit of hand holding here.

my laptop is the GT70-0nc, its the barebones MS-1762 I believe,  I bought it from a custom laptop builder online. The 675m is fried I think, BSOD all over the place, disabling it and switching to my HD4000 integrated fixed the BSOD.

I'm looking into upgrading the GPU of my laptop except there's some things that have me completely baffled...

1. Which GPU's are actually compatible? - I was looking at the 680m but if there are newer gpu's that work I'd love consider those too.

2. I have read a lot about flashing my BIOS, this really confused me. I get the American Megatrends Logo on boot up, so I tried checking out their BIOS but everything i've read says use the MSI VBios?

I have a good bit of experience with the hardware in my laptop, I've taken it apart quite a few times like to change thermal paste / general maintinence and upgrade my WIFI card. it's the software and compatibility issues that are really getting me stuck.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

u can go up till 980m like Svet from the msi Forum telling me

only Thing what u will Need is and unlocked bios from him i got it on my msi gt70 1762 at the Moment and ist running fine :) 

and if i remember right u Need to Flash ur ec but u will becomme nice advice and an how to .... from him :D 

nice :D the old machines still alive :D 

was one of my most loved machines the gt70

how ur temps?

Can anyone confirm MS-1761  Gt780DXR and upgrading the 570 1.5 to a 770M MSI card and whether one ca use the original 570 sink??  MS-1762 is model following the 780DXR, hoping we can leave sink as is

On 2017-02-04 at 10:13 AM, Bloetschkopf said:

Yes You can,but You have to fill up some Parts with Thermal Pads.

I appreciate your reply so just to confirm, I can drop an MSI 770M 3GB from a MS-1762 into a MS-1761 GT780DXR . I will just have to fill some area with thermal pads.

Will I be able to run this system with same power supply or does it need to be upgraded? I am guessing it does not.

Is plug & play,if You have a 180W Power Adapter than all is fine.

Here You can see the Different between the Heatsink from Fermi and Kepler Cards.

Heatsinks.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pippocarlot
      Hello everyone! I am looking for an answer to a problem I cannot find a solution to ... I purchased an Amd wx 4150 MXM GPU module su e bay to upgrade my HP 8570W Mobile Workstation which is currently equipped with a Fire Pro M4000. Once the new GPU has been installed, the PC screen no longer turns on but works only with external monitors connected via the docking station. The same happens once the drivers are updated! If I put the old card back on, the integrated monitor starts working again ... How can I fix it?
    • By TheLoser1124
      Hello, A couple of days ago I got a new GPU but when I installed it into my computer I was unable to use it but now I know why. When checking the device manger I went into the events tab of my GPU when I went to view all events, I noticed an error it said " event 411 kernel PnP " and It also said Problem Status: 0xC01E0438. I believe this is why my GPU hasn't been working on my PC. If you know how to fix this problem or have info on how to fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated. I'm also using a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660.
    • By Zoarilamb
      A part of my BIOS got corrupted that controls my laptops backlights. Other methods like the Gary Key fix did not work for me because I do not get any light up during post. i followed this guide  that says I need to extract and use the 6MB portion of an 8MB bios dump, only AFUWIN tells me "Error, ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size which is because my laptop BIOS size is only 5.87MB.  I don't need to flash the whole BIOS, I only need to flash a portion of it. 

I've searched everywhere online for a dump of my laptop model but non exist that I know of.
    • By Zoarilamb
      I fiddled around with modding my laptops BIOS to unlock XMP profiles and hopefully seeing if optimus could be disabled. After flashing my modded bios and trying it out, I noticed that my keyboards backlight no longer turns on. I was unaware it requires an official BIOS to function. They backlights wont turn on unless ASUS ATK package is installed but now it seems it also needs an official BIOS?

The modded ROM and tool I used if anyone has any experience with this and doesn't mind telling me what to enable/disable, or anything else i can do to re-enable them 

• By depmixels
      hello everyone, I have a MSI GT683R with a dying (pretty much dead actually) GTX560M in it.

I am looking to upgrade it to a new GPU, I have found a AMD Firepro M6100. (I first wanted to upgrade to a GTX970M, but that's too expensive for now... and corona is also making things difficult) I have already ordered a second heatsink to modify because I didn't want to modify the original heatsink it came with.

But, my question is. Does it even work in this system? I have heard of people getting it to work in the barebone variant of this system. But I am not sure if it would work in the 'fully loaded' variant.

Also, my games are mostly RAM/CPU dependent and I am looking for a little extra power in this system. I have found a I7-2860qm and I want to upgrade to 32GB of RAM, is it possible on this system? the sticker says 'max. 16GB of RAM' But I have feeling it says that due to the limitation of the cpu that's already on this system (I7-2630QM, 16GB RAM max.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.