For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.2(09/06/12)

MkRider

Hey there, Lenovo Y510p suddenly does this:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)

Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.2(09/06/12)

Check cable connection!

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

-

Regarding why may this happening, i was reading online some suggestions and people reporting things but non of that happened. I didn't dropped the lap top, I am not trying to do fresh Windows 7 installation, I don't have external HDD attached to the lp altho i have one using from time to time, improper bios settings but never touched BIOS so far.

It started doing this few days before and last time did it was before i write this here.

Someone mentioned it's a dying laptop, some motherboard issue etc

Help

Thanks

This means that your first boot choice is not available (usually the HDD/SSD) and it tried to boot from a network connection, which obviously failed.

My assumption is that your HDD/SSD where you have windows installed on died (or the boot-loader died). Easy way to check (and maybe fix): Insert the Windows installation CD and boot from it (or boot from a USB stick). In order to boot from a CD or USB you have to set the BIOS boot order that CD or USB has the highest priority (at least higher than HDD/SSD), then it will ask you to press a key if you wish to boot from CD/USB (which you indeed want). On a side note, in the BIOS you should be able to see your SSD/HDD. If it is not listed at all, you already know it died.

Let's proceed: After booting from USB/CD, instead of installing windows you click on "Repair" and let it do the automatic check for errors. If it found any fixable ones, it will reboot automatically and you are good to go.

If it does not find anything, it means you have to re-install Windows completely and all your data may be lost. To confirm this you should try to boot from a recovery disk (google "recovery CD image") and check if there is anything left on your HDD/SSD. If not, you have to re-install windows, but you should be warned that at this point your HDD/SSD might be broken or dying (or you had a virus, rather unlikely).

In the worst case, you need to buy a new HDD/SSD and install the OS again.

Hey @sirana, thanks for getting back here with the simple pictured explanation of what maybe happening.

What i did so far is reset the BIOS settings and the problem hast appear so far. If that doesn't help too, the problem will appear and will try your suggestion.

Thanks

Edit: Btw, here are my default settings on the boot menu:

12435824_1141415389221675_1533074376_n.jpg

Edited by MkRider

Nope, it did not.

It just happened while watching movie and suddenly blue screen with bunch of text appeared and after that it showed the same Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller message.

Now will try the suggestions you mentioned above and will continue updating this thread if the problem will go away.

Thanks