NVIDIA Releases 361.43 WHQL Driver

Brian

• Founder

NVIDIA earlier today released the 361.43 WHQL driver which comes with some long awaited fixes that cover power usage when idle at 144 Hz as well as SLI issues with Star Wars Battlefront. In addition, the driver adds support for GameWorks VR 1.1 as well as support for Oculus VR's latest SDK.

Some highlights from the 361.43 release notes:

Gaming Technology

• Support added for GameWorks VR 1.1 including VR SLI support for OpenGL applications and support for the latest Oculus SDK.

Application SLI Profiles Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

• Bless - DirectX 9 SLI profile added
  • DayZ - SLI AA and NVIDIA Control Panel AA enhance disabled
  • Dungeon Defenders 2 - DirectX 9 SLI profile added
  • Elite Dangerous - 64-bit EXE added • Hard West - DirectX 11 SLI profile added

Windows 10 Fixed Issues 

• Cleaned up flip timing and event notification bugs. [200151547] 
  • Fixed a driver bug where if the output is active, hot unplugging a device will cause any following hot plug device to be ignored. [1707505] 
  • Cleaned up unexpected behavior related to the multi-HMD (helmet-mounted device) use case. [200152110] 
  • Return NVAPI_NO_CONNECTOR_FOUND from the NVAPI_GPU_GetAllDisplayIds() when headless GPUs are detected to allow for identification of the unsupported use case. [200155835] 
  • [GM20x] Clock speeds remain above idle at 144 Hz on desktop. [1631144] 
  • Lag in Star Wars Battlefront with SLI enabled after updating to driver 359.06. [1709067]

Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista Fixed Issues

• Prevented an extra hotplug/unplug for unconnected devices in escapeDirectModeEnable\DisableVRDirectMode(). [1707485] 
  • Fixed windowed G-SYNC not being totally disabled at the UMD (user-mode display) when the VR display is active. [200146036] 
  • Updated the whitelist entry regkey to allow multiple entries at once. [200155690] 
  • [GM20x] Clock speeds remain above idle at 144 Hz on desktop. [1631144] Other Fixed Issues 
  • Increased robustness of the VR SLI queued present implementation to mitigate flickering and tearing related to rendering to the scanout surface. This is not operating system specific. [200151843]

View full article

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

i see that 361.42 is the available version for download for linux 64. When i try to install nvidia drivers downloaded from nvidia's site in my Lenovo Y500 650m SLI, my ubuntu stops working. Then i have to remove/purge everything from nvidia and install them through apt-get. Of course not this version.

Does anybody follow the linux driver versions? I mean does anybody use the official site to download the latest drivers in linux?

• J95 locked this topic