Modded BIOS for Acer Aspire 5750G

plaitanz

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5750G, and Iwouldlike to upgrade RAM but this model doesn't recognize 8gb RAM unit...so I can't put in it 16 gb RAM as I would like to do...can you help me please? I also like to know if there is a method for upgrading the videocard (I have a Nvidia GeForce GT540M 1GB) mounting anew one...I'd like to have at least a 2 gb videocard...Thanks a lot at all 

The GT540M is soldered, there is no way to upgrade it.

You can put a better CPU if you dont already have an i7, apart from that, a good cleaning, new thermal paste(my preference goes to MX-4, easy to apply and goes well with the low pressure mount of laptop heatsinks, and its cheap and usually available almost everywhere.

Are you already using the latest manufacturer BIOS?

What RAM modules are you trying to use?

What you can do is OC your GPU with NVInspector, but Acer as a poor heatsink, don't expect to push a lot more.

I already installed the last bios for My laptop and I sent an email to acer support but they will not upgrade it... However I'd like to put in My laptop 2 slots 8 gb RAM but I tried to insert one of them but it does not recognize it 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.