G752VY 980m

MrRuckus

Hey Klem you still around?  Looking for some help with the GPU clocks in this G752 980m.  I dont think they have been posted yet for this card?  This card seems to run extremely cool compared to my old G750 780m, so Im hoping once the 135+ limitation is removed I'll be able to push this 980m a bit further.  

Any help much appreciated! and thanks for all the help in the past!  

Here's the vBios.   

GM204.rar

• Bios Modder
15 hours ago, MrRuckus said:

Hey Klem you still around?  Looking for some help with the GPU clocks in this G752 980m.  I dont think they have been posted yet for this card?  This card seems to run extremely cool compared to my old G750 780m, so Im hoping once the 135+ limitation is removed I'll be able to push this 980m a bit further.  

Any help much appreciated! and thanks for all the help in the past!  

Here's the vBios.   

GM204.rar

Done. Try.

GM204.zip

• Thumbs Up 2

Hello Klem. I was just pointed here by someone who might think you can help me out?? I was looking to push my 970m past the 135mhz as well on a modded vBios. I also have a G752 but the VT-RH71, just a 970m instead, and maybe ram amount and hard drive option. I would like to see +500 core and maybe +75mv - 125mv extra vs the 25mv now. I have tried asking some others and haven't had much luck. I have modded my own bios on the Titan X I have so I can sit at 1500mhz no throttling but have everything still there to throttle if needed and not to exceed 300w. I'm just not having that luck myself with this 970m. It hasn't liked the couple I tried, but I haven't been able to get the voltage to unlock past 25mv to go much higher on the core.

If you could help out, thanks in advance!!

Hambone

• Bios Modder
On 12/21/2015 at 10:53 PM, Hambone07si said:

Hello Klem. I was just pointed here by someone who might think you can help me out?? I was looking to push my 970m past the 135mhz as well on a modded vBios. I also have a G752 but the VT-RH71, just a 970m instead, and maybe ram amount and hard drive option. I would like to see +500 core and maybe +75mv - 125mv extra vs the 25mv now. I have tried asking some others and haven't had much luck. I have modded my own bios on the Titan X I have so I can sit at 1500mhz no throttling but have everything still there to throttle if needed and not to exceed 300w. I'm just not having that luck myself with this 970m. It hasn't liked the couple I tried, but I haven't been able to get the voltage to unlock past 25mv to go much higher on the core.

If you could help out, thanks in advance!!

Hambone

ADMIN: You may not post your e-mail to assist pre-promotion members. They must go through the route everyone else does.

Thanks man!! vBios sent.

@ Mr Ruckus, any luck with the new vbios? I'd like to hear what you were able to achieve after flashing. Did that new bios allow for you to raise the slider past 135mhz? With the new bios, were you able to add the same 135mhz core, and same amount of memory and it still be stable as it was on the stock vbios? Also going past that point, how far were you able to push the core? Sorry for a bunch of questions, just not many out there that is getting this new G752 going yet. Oh, one other thing, with the new vbios are you able to add more than +25mv now?

Hoping to hear great news from you!! That 980m is a beast! For how much I'm seeing from the 970m, I can only imagine how much better that 980m is. Wish Microcenter had that model in stock as I would have went that route.

Edited by Hambone07si

1 hour ago, Hambone07si said:

OP, where did you go? LOL. I would like to hear how your new vbios is doing for you.

Sorry, tis the season.  Also been ill the last few days.  

Thanks Klem!  I was able to push the core to +160Mhz, and the memory +500Mhz, +180 and the drivers would fail.  This gave me an extra few hundred or so points in 3dmark scores over the 135+.  Temps are no problem for this laptop as I barely tap 70c with 100% load in furmark.  This is a far cry from the 90c+ the 780m would get to in the G750 before throttling.  

I have a GTX 980 in my desktop and was hoping to get closer to its performance, but it looks like that may just not be possible with this version of the 980m.  Its just too far off.  My desktop scores roughly 13,700.  With the new overclock, I was able to get a score of 9400 on the 980m.  

+25mV is as high as I can go on this vBios from Klem, it didnt seem to make much difference, it postponed the Nvidia drivers from failing by a few extra seconds at +180.  I would be curious to go further as temps dont seem to be holding it back, so I think it would be able to handle the extra volts, but I dont know how far we should go safely.  

Also, just for anyone wishing to try this.  You have to use the modified NVFlash by "JoeDirt" which is able to bypass the Certificate Checks on the vbios to flash.  A quick google search will get you to the other forum where this is located.  

Nice!! I was wanting to hear how things went. Klem made me a bios for my G752VT which has the 970m. I asked him to raise the core slider and also raise the voltage slider. The bios I got from him allows me to raise the core +810mhz and raise the voltage +212.5mv. That's a lot better than the +135mhz and +25mv on the stock bios. You should see if he will raise the voltage slider in that bios for you. I am using +50mv and it's allowing me to go +237mhz on the core for a clock of 1275mhz, and I still get the same +600mhz on my memory that I did on stock bios.

What is the final clock speed you get with +180mhz? I'm not sure what the 980m is starting out at with the bios Klem made for you? He did a great job tho for me, and seems the same for you too.

I am also on Asus's butts about the bios we are on with it being locked in RAID mode and not supporting the NVMe SSD drives correctly. I will be updating it as I hear from them.

And also, THANK YOU VERY MUCH KLEM!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Great vBios work. You are definitely gifted in what you do LOL.

Edited by Hambone07si

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...