GT60 GT70 ATI GPU card upgrade with original cooling plate / heatsink HD 7970m / 8970m

Raha

Ok i had a Medion (German manufacturer) X7817 MS-1762 its like GT70 ONS Barebone and a HD 7970M left.-

You also can take a HD 8970M it has the same layout and you`ll get it low cost at Ebay and it has high performance .

Both have DX12 support

HD 7970M is like GTX870M

In picture 1 you can see on left site original Nvidia GTX670M comes with it and on the other site the HD 7970M. Thermalpads must be set as in the photo on HD7970M!

In picture 2  you can see what you have to do-  the red area must be flat- one layer- the rest can stay as it is!

You can see how optimal the plate is for the ATI Chip in middle!

In picture 3 you can see the copper layer that you have to fit in.

Thats all

In picture 4 you can see test results with normal settings under Windows10

CPU i7-3610QM - no overclocking yet!- Under Windows7 it will be 200 to 300 points higher because of better driver and faster system!

There are  MSI Vbios on Techpowerup for flashing

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?architecture=&manufacturer=&model=HD+7970M&interface=&memType=&memSize=

HD1.jpg

HD2.jpg

HD3.jpg

Futuremark3D-13.jpg

Edited by Raha

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have MSI GT70 0NC (MS-1762). So do you thing, if HD7970M will works on this laptop? I have one original MSI HD7970M from MSI GX60 with heatsink. When I install this card to MXM slot, the fan speed is max and switching between IGP and HD7970M is unfunctional. Have you the same problem?

Pavel

Edited by Pavel

• 3 weeks later...