[QUESTION] Acer V3-772G Fail to recognize eGPU after blocking pin22 #PERST on mPCIE

edmund2018

Hello guys

I have some problem regarding to implementing eGPU on Acer V3-772G-9822 with EXP GDC Beast. Here is the specification

Notebook: Acer V3-772G-9822

CPU: i7-4702MQ

iGPU: Intel 4600

dGPU: GTX760M

Adapter: EXP GDC Beast

eGPU (Plan): ASUS STRIX GTX960 DC2OC 2GDDR5

Yesterday I was tried to get the eGPU work by replacing the mPCIE wifi slot with my eGPU adapter. After I push the power button, the external monitor shows nothing but no signal warning, both HDMI slot on laptop and eGPU have the same result. But then I somehow managed to get the GTX960 show on the device manager using "sleep system, swap wifi card for mPCIe eGPU adapter method" (https://forum.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8747-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps/#post149873) but with code 12 and hang right after reboot.

After all I realize my acer hang before the BIOS load up, turn out it may related to the #PERST problem ( https://forum.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8350-pe4x-series-understanding-clkreq-and-perst-delay/&_fromLogin=1 ). This morning I block the PERST signal by placing a small tape over the pin 22. This time the acer boot  successfully to the OS with eGPU connected, the eGPU fan is spinning and all things go well until I found out that the acer fail to recognize my eGPU.

qbE6O7.jpg

Even I tried with "DIY eGPU Setup 1.3x", enable the wifi port and do a rescan, reboot and rescan or using the sleep method before. The laptop still cannot catch the eGPU signal. 

Did anyone have the same experience with me? Any possible solutions? Please help guys and thank you!

Edited by edmund2018

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...