880m watercooled overclocking.

Hello all! 

A week ago i put in a water cooler to my 880m (yes, an 880m) to see what power we can actually pull from this card. 

To beast or not to beast is the real question here!

I could not download the modded vBIOS for this card until today, and i was wondering who all wanted to join me on this journey to see how far we can push this card! 

If you want to put out suggestions (what voltage, multipliers, etc) to use then feel free to do so! 

I know this card is notorious for the heating issue, which is why i have done what i have done. (it is not pretty. It would not fit so i literally electrical taped the block on... Don't judge me, it works.)

The memory chips are being actively cooled with a fan so they are taken care of. 

I will post up pictures and benchmarks when i can! 

EDIT: I know about the red/green mod with zipties, but the block is bigger than the area for the mounting screws, so it would not mount with that method. This is the reason why i have done the method i have chosen. 

EDIT2: the thread is moving here: https://forum.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8923-msi-880m-overclock-help/

Please don't reply to this thread as it will be taken down by me shortly. Thanks! 

I am working on a MSI GT60-0nc.

I have a 300watt power brick for this thing just in case i decide to go insane with mods.

I7 (i will get model when i am back home, i upgraded this so it isn't stock)

16gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

880m 8gb msi with watercooling

500gb samsung evo pro ssd.

I will literally even buy a whole new system just to run this card if the motherboard tries to get in my way of massively OC'ing this card. 

19 minutes ago, encor50 said:

haha nice you need to do it with sli like an alienware or others with the 880m's :P 

That would be sweet! although, the price tag for a test system like that would be kind of insane :o Maybe if someone finds a barebones system like that then i can throw my hardware into that and save for an additional AIO Water cooling system and another 880m! :o