AMD Catalyst 11.10 drivers (update: now WHQL)

svl7

11.10 got WHQL, get the official (mobility) version here (direct link).

Update 3: 11.10 Preview Version 3 has been released

Release notes:

AMD Catalyst™ 11.10 Version 3 Preview Driver Features:

• Reduces random crashing and stability encountered when playing Rage on Windows® 7 32-bit edition
  • Reduces object / animation flickering and texture corruption encountered when playing Rage
  • Reduces stuttering seen on Dual CPU and Tri CPU core systems
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on single GPU configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
  • Improves performance in Rage on single GPU configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
  • Reduces intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
  • Reduces flickering of NPCs in Rage
  • Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
  • Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
  • AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX™, GPU AMD Overdrive™ and Information Center pages.

Direct download link (Win7):

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_11.10_preview/amd_catalyst_11.10_preview3_win7_vista.exe

I just installed it, so it seems to support at least the 6990m when it comes to the mobile cards. Haven't tested it yet with BF3, will see how it performs. It seems to work very well for some people, other are reporting issues with Rage and other games.

The preview of Catalyst 11.10 is up on the AMD site, seems to be primarily made and optimized for BF3, check out the release notes:

AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver:

• · Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
  • Enables support for Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
  • · Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the CrossfireX, GPU Overdrive, and Information Center pages.

Download link: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDCatalyst1110Previewdriver.aspx

Edit: Here's a mobility mod, provided by V-FrIeNd from guru3d: [AIO] AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview (8.901.0) Win7.7z

UPDATE:

AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview V2 (7th October 2011):

New version has been released, this includes further optimization for BF3 open beta, and also should solve some issues with RAGE, haven't tried it yet, in case you install it let me know whether it works without a mobility mod and how the performance is.

Link: AMD Catalyst

Edited by svl7
Added link to WHQL, adjusted thread title
  • Thumbs Up 2

No, haven't gotten my key so far... Called EA at about 5pm local time and they said they started to send out the early beta keys at 3pm and I should get mine before midnight... I mean it's not that important to me, but it's still annoying... early access blablabla and then you don't even get your key by time.

this driver seems to have problems with the install exe. can't get it to install properly.

Hmm, might miss mobility support of some cards... it's only a preview, haven't tested it yet.

Here's a mobility mod, provided by V-FrIeNd from guru3d: [AIO] AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview (8.901.0) Win7.7z

Havent had time to install and test it so far, will do when I get the beta key. (If I ever get it)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, might miss mobility support of some cards... it's only a preview, haven't tested it yet.

Here's a mobility mod, provided by V-FrIeNd from guru3d: [AIO] AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview (8.901.0) Win7.7z

Havent had time to install and test it so far, will do when I get the beta key. (If I ever get it)

the modded ones worked great!!! new overdrive looks good.

• Thumbs Up 1

the modded ones worked great!!! new overdrive looks good.

overdrive is there? and all you had to do is install the above preview modded desktop driver and the overdrive showed up?

overdrive is there? and all you had to do is install the above preview modded desktop driver and the overdrive showed up?
i unlocked it using this method, props to the rev of course.
I have never had a 6870, so I don't know if this works. To unlock Overdrive for the 6990M or 6970M, you open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI\ACE\ Settings\Graphics\OverDrive2. Change the value of the key “Accessible” in the right panel from "Nobody" to "All" (right click on Accessible, select Modify and enter “All” in the Value Data box). Then drop down to Overdrive3 and Overdrive5 in the Graphics section and make the same change. For the 6990M, that's all it takes; restart and a new Performance tab will appear in CCC, which includes Overdrive. The problem is that the default o/c limits in Overdrive for the 6990M are 740/1000, so you need to edit the 6990M vbios using RBE to increase the limits by moving the sliders on the last screen to your desired levels. I use 900/1200, which has served me well. The 6970M requires more. Before Overdrive can be enabled (or the Performance tab appear in CCC), the 6970M vbios has to be modified to move the OD limit sliders referred to above from the default 0/0 to the desired levels. It is a tedious process since the settings can only double with each mod. So, when you first move both sliders to the extreme right, it increases the limits to 1Mhz/1Mhz. Save and reopen, repeat to move to 2Mhz/2Mhz, etc. Keep repeating. Since it doubles each time, it doesn't take as long as you might first think. When you reach the desired level (I use 900/1200), reflash your vbios with the new settings and Overdrive should be available. Ordinarily, it is easier to just post a pre-modified vbios for the 6970M. Unfortunately, I don't have one for a 6870M, so you'll have to go through the manual process. I don't know whether the 6870M supports OD. If it does, this process should unlock it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Arrahant

Greetings everyone,

Anybody installed the v2 previewdriver on a notebook? Else I'll try it tonight after work. Really would like to continue with Rage without a minor hiccup every couple of secs and major texture pop in! :<

PS: thx for linking the mobility mod of the v1 OP! Really enjoyed the BF3 beta thanks to you!

Edited by Arrahant

So what happened to the mobility mod for this version? I gotta try this one out and 11.9 fully just been so busy with school.

heres 11.10 preview rage blah blah blah version 2

This is version 2 and these preview drivers work on mobile and non mobile without a need to modify the driver... the mobile support is already in the driver. get it here: AMD Catalyst<

11.10 has gone WHQL, click here for the mobility version (direct link).

Also added this to the first page and adjusted the thread title.

why are the whql so much smaller than those preview ones/ Do they not include eyefinity, ati audio blah blah...?