eGPU Window 10 optimus mode problem

HakureiReimu

14 hours ago, fandangos said:

I did it today. It doesn't work with Windows 10 and latest drivers.

What graphics card do you have and what kind of connection (thunderbolt/mpcie/expresscard)?

Also did you try with the notebook graphics drivers or desktop? I don't think there is a difference between them though, but i have read here it makes a difference. Maybe it mattered with the older versions of the drivers.

Edited by utopian201

OPTIMUS WORKS ON WIN 10 VIA EXPRESSCARD!!

I followed the instructions above (added a line for my graphics card). What is also important is the section you set it to. I set mine to Section044 on 368.22. When you go to section044, there is line that says NVSupportOptimus = 1.

Ideally you will find a section that corresponds most closely with your graphics card. I am testing with a GT440 which used section001 in nv_dispi.inf. I then searched for a section in nvami.info for one that matches as close as possible. What is important is that the section is an optimus section ( NVSupportOptimus = 1 )

What I ALSO did was go through nv_dispi.inf and nvgbdi.inf and commented out the lines related to the hardware id of my graphics card.

(start the line with a ; character like at the top of the file)

This forces the driver installer to use the lines you have added and not the desktop drivers in nv_dispi.inf. This file is present in the notebook driver package as well.

Edited by utopian201

3 hours ago, utopian201 said:

OPTIMUS WORKS ON WIN 10 VIA EXPRESSCARD!!

I followed the instructions above (added a line for my graphics card). What is also important is the section you set it to. I set mine to Section044 on 368.22. When you go to section044, there is line that says NVSupportOptimus = 1.

Ideally you will find a section that corresponds most closely with your graphics card. I am testing with a GT440 which used section001 in nv_dispi.inf. I then searched for a section in nvami.info for one that matches as close as possible. What is important is that the section is an optimus section ( NVSupportOptimus = 1 )

What I ALSO did was go through nv_dispi.inf and nvgbdi.inf and commented out the lines related to the hardware id of my graphics card.

(start the line with a ; character like at the top of the file)

This forces the driver installer to use the lines you have added and not the desktop drivers in nv_dispi.inf. This file is present in the notebook driver package as well.

I'm on windows 10. I7 second gen.

Gtz 570m and gtx 750.

I have intel graphics but I can't maki it work.

Do you mind telling your notebook setup? 

And how did you copy the hardware ids?

I'm using mpci-e

I have a T734 and connected a PE4H 2.4a via expresscard (what is the fastest way to connect via expresscard, PE4C v3.0?)

You have your hardware ID for your graphics card. My GT440 is 0DE0.

So you go to your nv_dispi.inf and nvgbdi.inf and place a ; at the start of those driver lines.

Then you add those lines (which includes your notebook vendor and model id as normal) as usual in the guide to nv_ami.inf.

If you don't fully understand, let me know and I will write a more detailed guide later in the week when I have more time :)

Edited by utopian201

• 3 weeks later...

So i have installed a clean version of Windows 10, UEFI. My device manager shows this:

I do not have Setup 1.x installed just yet. When I run something like Heaven Benchmark I'm getting like 7 FPS on ultra. 

This is also using an kitio thudnerbolt 2 setup. 

When I successfully ran this under 8.1 windows it was easily 50 fps. maybe more.   I thought the drivers for Nvidia Fixed this kind of stuff.  What should I do? Any info you want me to show you?

egpu1.PNG

Edited by killem2

On 6/27/2016 at 11:45 AM, killem2 said:

So i have installed a clean version of Windows 10, UEFI. My device manager shows this:

I do not have Setup 1.x installed just yet. When I run something like Heaven Benchmark I'm getting like 7 FPS on ultra. 

This is also using an kitio thudnerbolt 2 setup. 

When I successfully ran this under 8.1 windows it was easily 50 fps. maybe more.   I thought the drivers for Nvidia Fixed this kind of stuff.  What should I do? Any info you want me to show you?

Did you update latest intel HD ?

It let me hot plugged now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.