[POLL] 2016 and Beyond: What do YOU want?

On 12/26/2015 at 4:38 PM, Mr. Fox said:

For those that haven't already noticed, Eurocom has a "Poll of the Week" feature on their web page. Regardless of what brand is your favorite, or who you prefer to buy from, Eurocom has a direct line of communication with Clevo. So, let your voices be heard. The poll this week is especially important.

Poll.JPG

LOL you took that screenshot right after I had voted. I voted for the first option and it said 18 votes after. It's much higher now though. :)

• Founder
9 hours ago, SRSR333 said:

And anyway Intel has ditched rPGA, so that's never coming back.

Yes thanks to the likes of Apple who then influenced Dell and the others. But with AMD making a come back with Zen I hope things change in 2016. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to see how Clevo create the 15-17' retina screen and ~2.5kg weight multimedia laptop with discreate GPU station(like BIZON-X in MAC or Razer).

You can go to the any places with him, but at home you have the powerfull gaming laptop.

Laptop specification:

CPU: Core i7 with Intel Iris Graphics Pro 

Ram: ~4 Slots DDR4

Min 3 USB ports

HDMI 2.0, DP or m-DP ports

Min 2 HDD or SSD bays

GPU STATION:

Include PCIE ver: 4.0

GPU: you can choose any videocard

Power adapter is according to Videocard

Upgraded P870DM(Phoenix 2.0[emoji4]) with

1)UHD screens with HDR and VESA adaptive sync/G-sync and 100% pro photo RGB)

2) larger keyboard with per key customizable lighting supporting software like corsair keyboard SDK

to link with games.

3)replace a 2.5 inch bay with an m.2 NVMe for more room for other components

4)larger capacity battery

5)larger capacity charging power brick.

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using Tapatalk

Also a slim laptop with just a quad core CPU with iris pro and a PICe 16x slot to connect desktop GPU, and thunderbolt 3.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Integrated liquid cooling using special solution, cooling all components.

2. Complete modularity using special plugs, like pins are for CPUs, being kept in place with a different system than actual ones. Water cooling comes over all components that need it, using another modules. This means motherboard, display, CPU, GPU, Random access memory, battery, all modular. All producers use a single type of modules, so you can change any moment you want. Like this, you buy a shape, then fill in with every modules you need. 

3. Under 6KG total weight

4. Usage of a different display, with entire human visible range covered, 450nits, and cover display that is impact resistant. and glass on the surface, with options for both glossy and matte (I would had preferred glossy for everything).

5. Possibility to buy a 3 display setup, using very slim display modules (5mm) and just have 3 display setup portable. Really wear-resistant hinges.

6. Enough GPU power to render 8K (for VR) at 60 fps ultra for all games. 

7. Priced reasonably, for every user's needs. For example, a module should be 10% - 20% more expensive than the desktop counterpart, to be made a module and have everything, but not more. 

8. Employ @Prema to make Bios for the 3-4 Motherboard options, to be sure that everything works best for power users! (If everything is modular, including motherboard, there should be at most 3-4 motherboards out there for performance laptops. 

8. There should still exist very light, slim, and low power netbooks, or something, for people who work with office, and carry these a lot, and do not need the power. These slim laptops should still have enough power to watch videos at 4K, and play dota2 on medium FHD settings, but be more concerned about battery life, and comfort than everything else. 

Yeah, if these boxes are checked (they will be sooner or later), we should all be very happy with laptops. 

• Guest changed the title to [POLL] 2016 and Beyond: What do YOU want?
  • Guest unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I need to add something here, I think.

Clevo needs to improve their software side of things. Their hotkey software should work properly with most normal usage scenarios of a machine, and should not interfere with other programs at all, among other things.

No P650Sx BSODs via touchpad/hotkey driver.

No logitech headset software being locked out of providing 7.1 surround (only 2.1 channels work) when hotkey is running.

Correct downloads of software versions online (P65xSx hotkey driver via their website and reseller websites by extension listed newer driver versions but downloaded the old version). It may not happen all the time, but it needs to be looked at.

No launching machines with lots of teething issues like all Clevo Skylake mobile CPU machines getting current-limit throttling as well as the P870DM and retaining it for quite some time after launch. Machines need to turn on and work properly without people enduring headache, like most other manufacturers usually do.

No needing to reinstall hotkey software because it screws up something like keyboard backlighting or something else on the system which people just won't attribute to being the hotkey software.

I don't need anything to be fancy, really. I just need it to work. Clevo fixes those basic software issues they tend to have and even without a Prema partner shop being available to a buyer, I can recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone without issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup. It really is. Hitting capslock and stuff steals focus from any game that doesn't lock my mouse into it. It's ridiculous.

In terms of functionality, I had the same functionality now (excepting keyboard backlights) with this that I had on my D900F, but my D900F had absolutely no problems using any such software.