[POLL] 2016 and Beyond: What do YOU want?

Based on what has been said on other thread: please get rid of these fat bezels from the laptops screens. Especially regarding the width. On 15,6" we have 38,5 cm width, with at least 2.5cm bezel each side. If you could remove that to 0.5cm (or 0.0 cm), it would be awesome. Like Dell 13".

Sorry if this has been said but I'd like to come back of the 120Hz monitor. I am about to buy a Clevo P377SM-A with two 980Ms. But I'll have to buy an external 144Hz monitor for games like BF4. I think - and I say think loosely - they used to offer 120Hz in-built monitors. Maybe I am unaware of issues that arose

• 2 weeks later...

For the successor of the Clevo P650: please make both fan vents on the backside. Currently the CPU vents blow sideways. Obviously the reason for that is that the dual-GPU-fans require too much space on the motherboard, so the CPU couldn't be placed on the same line. Instead it had to be put somewhere downwards on the motherboard.

There must be a better solution for that, after all I don't understand why this model requires 3 fans at all, since every other powerhouse model of your sortiment (even the ones with MXM adapters) only require 2 fans and always have their outputs on the backside. Please make it happen.

For the successor of the N150SD : please remove the triangular cut of the display bottom, it looks like kinda broken with this "crack". Just make a straight simple line, like the N155 has (and any other laptop).

Also please remove the DVD drive to make the laptop lighter after all.

I just purchased a new p750zm and I'm pretty sure this will take care of itself but I'd like to see a touch 4k sharp to eventually replace the non touch version of what I've got now.

I'd like to see the quality of their offerings continue to be excellent in terms of chassis and keyboard quality.

as someone else said they NEED to make these high end gaming systems with a standard of a 120hz display, I am buying the p377sm-a/NP9377sm-a which has 2 980m's in it in SLI but the display is 60hz so I bought a 120hz display that will fit in it along with the edp connection wire now I just need to find out how to actually connect the cable to the motherboard and what that entails me to do I am not sure so if anyone else knows please message me, but yes what I would like in the new laptops is a standard of 120hz and maybe some more high end ips panel's

I'd like to see a 18.4" or 20" desktop replacement. Something like a successor of P570WM with a larger screen. I would like to have easy repairability, easy servicability, easy DIY upgrade with plenty of options. Open BIOS source and detailed service manuals. I also would like to have some backpack which can fit the laptop. And also: 2-3 mSATA sockets preferably with SATA III speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what has been said on other thread: please get rid of these fat bezels from the laptops screens. Especially regarding the width. On 15,6" we have 38,5 cm width, with at least 2.5cm bezel each side. If you could remove that to 0.5cm (or 0.0 cm), it would be awesome. Like Dell 13".

Well, I hear you, but with a thick bezel it's easier to upgrade to another panel: less chance that you gonna damage something, plenty of room for antennas on both sides and cables for the microphone and the camera. These all lead on the sides. It could be done in a smaller space, but it can be against serviceability.

Honestly, I'd like some more monitor options at 17" before I worry about form factor. The P770ZM is pretty perfectly aligned with my taste otherwise.

I know this isn't really on Clevo overall, but if they could put pressure on their panel sources to get something >1920x1080 in the works, that would be awesome.

a w110/w230 successor with smaller bezels preferably closer to the w110 size maybe a bit thicker if that would allow better headroom to cram in hardware.

Well, I hear you, but with a thick bezel it's easier to upgrade to another panel: less chance that you gonna damage something, plenty of room for antennas on both sides and cables for the microphone and the camera. These all lead on the sides. It could be done in a smaller space, but it can be against serviceability.

i thinks it has more to do with the flush glass bezels and making the lids thinner rather than making the bezels thinner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'd like some more monitor options at 17" before I worry about form factor. The P770ZM is pretty perfectly aligned with my taste otherwise.

I know this isn't really on Clevo overall, but if they could put pressure on their panel sources to get something >1920x1080 in the works, that would be awesome.

4K 17" IPS screens are scheduled for Q4... ;)

Thunderbolt

4k display

Better engineered sound system (my p150sm-a has an *ok* sound system, but i do like to listen to music/play games sometimes on my onboard speakers and would like a little more deepness to the bass)

and @ localota has a couple i would love to see with the 2x m.2 msata and desktop CPU

Improved cooling system, more usb sockets, less-noisy higher-quality and higher-wattage power-supply for 15", if only 2 sticks of ram is installed, then, install under keyboard by default.

Last, but, not least I'd like to see either lid/lcd-free version or detachable screen so we can use these systems like a commodore 64/Amiga.

1. Clevo keyboards have been the worst so far. Not to mention they use the same sized keyboard for the 15inch and the 17inch models. (Very disappointed in my Clevo P170EM keyboard, --- Not impressed with newer clevo keyboards either--- considering MSI Titan GT80) - THEY SHOULD FIRE THE MAGGOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR KEYBOARDS. clearly. Sorry

2. 18inch form factor, with desktop cpu and sli options (might require a higher watt PSU)

3. 4k displays on 17inch and above models

4. Better sound system and webcam.

5. Unlocked / highly customizable bios and future upgradablity and compatbility of graphics and other components.

These are my 5 primary and main concerns. if clevo ever meets up the demand.. ill consider going for it.

P.S. every clevo competitor has better keyboards than clevo imho!(including asus gigabyte msi alienware)

Edit: oh and last one thing as for the material, they could go for something like brushed matte aluminum for fingerprint magnet issue. or something better that I dont know of.

I wouldnt mind a 18in display.especially if it was 3D, i like the 3D but having a bigger screen takes better advantage of it.

Also would like a 1440p or 4k screen, with the new 980m its more practical now. All 1080p screens they make should be 120hz.

Webcam needs to be improved too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe some proposition from me?

for 15.6 P75XZM series

-manual graphic switch like one in MSI and older Aliens

-vBIOS switch =no problems with flashing

-CPU sockets and MXM GPU have to stay...

-same as above + 120hz displays

- Since they seem to sell not only motherboards, but also the chassis & stuff:

- option for touchscreens for OEMs/computer boutiques to offer the option in their configurable models. Not crucial, but once you start using a 2 in 1, you start reaching for the scren as an *additional* input method, even if it's not the primary one (mouse still rules). It's a good perk to have, but currently not an available option.

- AMD HBM memory based models! Curious about the performance.

- Upgradable GPU cards

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [POLL] 2016 and Beyond: What do YOU want?
  • Guest pinned this topic
  • Guest unpinned this topic