EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
chidoughboy

i7-4700MQ Overclock Help

I have prema bios v2 on sager p150sm. Anyone with an i7 4700mq have any stable numbers they use for overclocking the CPU. It seems the general consensus around here is to use Intel XTU to overclock the CPU and to not do it in the bios.

I believe the 4700MQ is limited to 200Mhz OC.

As for the voltage it will be different on every CPU. Use trial and error to figure out the voltage for your CPU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most likely you'll run into temperature and then power delivery problems long before being unable to run OC'd with stability.

BIOS overclocking depends on the BIOS, whether it has all the options you need and/or can recover easily when bad settings are used.

Software overclocking is temporary and good for experimenting but may not be able to offer all the features a BIOS could.

XTU is fine if your looking at an extra 2 bins and maybe some bclk for a ~300MHz increase but not suitable for running higher bins.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By depmixels
      hello everyone, I have a MSI GT683R with a dying (pretty much dead actually) GTX560M in it.

I am looking to upgrade it to a new GPU, I have found a AMD Firepro M6100. (I first wanted to upgrade to a GTX970M, but that's too expensive for now... and corona is also making things difficult) I have already ordered a second heatsink to modify because I didn't want to modify the original heatsink it came with.

But, my question is. Does it even work in this system? I have heard of people getting it to work in the barebone variant of this system. But I am not sure if it would work in the 'fully loaded' variant.

Also, my games are mostly RAM/CPU dependent and I am looking for a little extra power in this system. I have found a I7-2860qm and I want to upgrade to 32GB of RAM, is it possible on this system? the sticker says 'max. 16GB of RAM' But I have feeling it says that due to the limitation of the cpu that's already on this system (I7-2630QM, 16GB RAM max.)
    • By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

GM204.rom

or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

• By IAmSteveRogers
      I have been attempting to change my boost clocks values for the longest time, though I've been unsuccessful. I managed to flash my modded BIOS, though no changes seem to have had happened, along with no errors either. Here's all the stuff I used and was able to get. If someone is able to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    • By rusTORK
      When my first CPU fan on Y500 is broke i replaced it on something compatible (non-original) and planned to replace it later on original. Since that time happened a lot things, but i still using that non-original fan. But i did some research and here is what i founded:

I. ORIGINALS

1. Forcecon (marked as FCN on fan)
      DFS5413005MH0T-FC1C (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y400, Y500.

2. Asia Vital Components (marked as AVC on fan)
      BNTA0612R5H-P007 (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500, Y510p.

3. Sunon (marked as SUNON MagLev on fan)
      MG60120V1-C230-S99 (5V - 2.25W (0.45A))
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500.

So, which to choose? Any recomendation? Maybe there also unexpected way (completely diffirent fan from another company for another laptop)?

• By Psycha
      Hello, I'm on an alienware m17 r4 and am trying mod my vbios for a 970m 3GB msi. I've managed to get the max boost with an increase in voltage, however I believe my voltage settings maybe unstable. When attempting to load programs capable of high gpu usage capabilities, the gpu begins to become pretty unstable. would anyone be able to provide assistance? I have both my edited and original roms as well.

*update

I'm not sure how to delete this thread but disregard this please. I've figured out the issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.