CLEVO P170HM Grafik

pcmaniac

I need help right now guys.

Is GTX680M only produced in 4GB or is there a 2GB version?

I try to search on youtube.com or gpuboss.com for comparasion. It's only shows the 4 gb version nothing with 2gb?

I have plans for buying this card : http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-gtx-680m-2gb-fits-Clevo-p170hm-em-p150hm-rplcmnt-for-6990m-6970m-485m-/262654889495?hash=item3d27738e17:g:NpMAAOSwZtJW8wPO

He tells that it is 2gb ? Is that possible?

And he also tell me that he can flash it to that version i need it in? Can this card be flashed to that version i need? I mean to work with my Clevo P170HM it needs 80.04.29.00.01 this Bios on it right?

Please help me. I have plans for buying this card.

Thank you.

I wouldn't do it tbh. It's a DELL card. You can get the 4GB Clevo one with the right vBios for almost the same amount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162250710462

4GB is the Clevo 680m, and 2GB is the Dell 680m. Usually Dell nvidia cards work fine in Clevo systems, but I never heard of anyone trying a Dell 680m in a Clevo hm series laptop, so I do not know if it will work or not.

Since this would be a Dell card, you would not flash its BIOS, as the BIOS version you listed is for Clevo cards. For 680m cards Dell and Clevo BIOS are not interchangeable.

2 minutes ago, CaerCadarn said:

I wouldn't do it tbh. It's a DELL card. You can get the 4GB Clevo one with the right vBios for almost the same amount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162250710462

But i can't really understand this. You tell that the Vbios should be 80.04.29.00.01 if i buy a GTX680M.

That card you are linking to is with  80.04.67.00.01 Bios. Will it work directly without i need to do any blind flash or something?

Maybe it's funny but i am amateur man :) Forgive me guys :) Just need to know.

4 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

4GB is the Clevo 680m, and 2GB is the Dell 680m. Usually Dell nvidia cards work fine in Clevo systems, but I never heard of anyone trying a Dell 680m in a Clevo hm series laptop, so I do not know if it will work or not.

Since this would be a Dell card, you would not flash its BIOS, as the BIOS version you listed is for Clevo cards. For 680m cards Dell and Clevo BIOS are not interchangeable.

Allright then it make sense. 

So there is change for the card will not work in my laptop.

Just now, CaerCadarn said:

It's a P370EM card, so it has to be flashed with the right vBios. As the seller mentions he would be willing to flash the right vBios on it.

A 680m from a P1X0EM is really hard to find from my own experience.

Think i misunderstand you CaerCadarn.

When you link to this GTX680M you write that it was with the right BIOS ?

So i thought no need for Flash the card. But know i understand i need to flash it no matter what.

Anyway. I look at 7970M.

Will this card and bios work in my clevo?

Or this card will also need blind flashing?

amdsd.jpg&key=45d7c56615a23b1f9c36b4ae277466f24dc37f67ee7a581e731c2cdc890fe9c9

The blind flashing procedure is always needed. There is no workaround, if you want to use the 7970m rev 1.2 in HM-Series.

I ask for it because i read on forum that one guy just bought a 7970M and it worked without any blind flash. And that card was v1.1.

Check it out here : http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-p170hm-gpu-replacement-upgrade.768992/

What about this card : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231949853876?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Will it fit without any changes? I know it is not fast like 6990M but if it can run Battlefield 1 on low i will be happy. And just Counter strike 1.6.

In the last end i found and ordered a MSI GTX680M  Vbios 80.04.33.00.24.

I read on the forum that this will fit directly inside my p170hm machine and work.

Only thing i need is modded drivers.

I really want to know. Do you guys know if the clevo p150hm machine heatsink will fit in a p170hm?

And same with the battery? Is it the same?

Thank you.

57 minutes ago, pcmaniac said:

In the last end i found and ordered a MSI GTX680M  Vbios 80.04.33.00.24.

I read on the forum that this will fit directly inside my p170hm machine and work.

Only thing i need is modded drivers.

I really want to know. Do you guys know if the clevo p150hm machine heatsink will fit in a p170hm?

And same with the battery? Is it the same?

Thank you.

Yes the heatsinks will fit. The gpu heatsinks are identical. The p170hm cpu heatsink is better than the p150hm heatsink though.

The battery will not fit.

Edited by Khenglish

• 2 months later...