CLEVO P170HM Grafik

pcmaniac

14 hours ago, Prema said:

You need a speacial vBIOS Mod to make it compatible...PM me and bring a lot of patience.

I already PM you but no reply yet. I really appreciate if you can help me. thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi again everyone.

I am back with a brand new toasted 6990M card again again :( So bad feeling. I hope i can get something new because it is not 1 year since i buy this card from new.

No matter what i do and checking the temp. cleaning the fans and use the best thermal paste nothing helped. The card is finish.

I was thinking about to buy an 7970M. I found one on ebay .

I can see in this topic that Kenglish telling something about the Version of the card.

This is the V 1.2 will this fit and work needing any changed of bios or something else?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clevo-AMD-radeon-7970m-v-1-2-MXM-fits-p150em-p150hm-p170em-p170hm-p370em/262654257065?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40392%26meid%3D710f343234404de18423f1101cb57d5e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D291812279587

I can see on my 6990M card the Version is V. 2.0

Thank you.

Edit :

Or if i choose this Nvidia card? Will it work without chaning anything?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-gtx-680m-2gb-fits-Clevo-p170hm-em-p150hm-rplcmnt-for-6990m-6970m-485m-/262654889495

Edited by pcmaniac

I'm not sure if a Dell 680m will work in an hm laptop. A Clevo 680m will work if it runs an older vBIOS.

The 7970m will work. It also needs a specific vBIOS. I have attached a vBIOS that will work. If the card does not already have this vBIOS, you can blind flash it.

Clevo 7970M - P270WM - 015.019.000.000.042817.BR042817.008 - Stock.ROM

11 hours ago, pcmaniac said:

Hi again everyone.

I am back with a brand new toasted 6990M card again again :( So bad feeling. I hope i can get something new because it is not 1 year since i buy this card from new.

No matter what i do and checking the temp. cleaning the fans and use the best thermal paste nothing helped. The card is finish.

I was thinking about to buy an 7970M. I found one on ebay .

I can see in this topic that Kenglish telling something about the Version of the card.

This is the V 1.2 will this fit and work needing any changed of bios or something else?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clevo-AMD-radeon-7970m-v-1-2-MXM-fits-p150em-p150hm-p170em-p170hm-p370em/262654257065?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40392%26meid%3D710f343234404de18423f1101cb57d5e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D291812279587

I can see on my 6990M card the Version is V. 2.0

Thank you.

Edit :

Or if i choose this Nvidia card? Will it work without chaning anything?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-gtx-680m-2gb-fits-Clevo-p170hm-em-p150hm-rplcmnt-for-6990m-6970m-485m-/262654889495

In case you need a little advice in blind flashing the vBios, I can recommend the instructions of this thread!

In case you can lay hands on a Clevo GTX 680m, make sure that this vBios is on it. Otherwise it won't work!

Edit: No Dell cards! Only Clevos (MSI cards may work with a vBios flash)!

Edited by CaerCadarn

Hmm. So it doesn't matter if the 7970M i find is v.1.1 or v.1.2 in the las end it will need a blind flash. I never did something like that in my life :( So need to find a card that directly can fit witout any changes.

I read on the other messages you post. There i understand that 7970M v.1.2 will work without any changes?

To CaerCardan if i find a nvidia card with that Bios you are posting it will work without any BIOS changes?

I need to be free fro flashing BIOS if i can.. Because i never did it before :(

I really hope someone here can tell me and guide me what to do.

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, pcmaniac said:

Hmm. So it doesn't matter if the 7970M i find is v.1.1 or v.1.2 in the las end it will need a blind flash. I never did something like that in my life :( So need to find a card that directly can fit witout any changes.

I read on the other messages you post. There i understand that 7970M v.1.2 will work without any changes?

To CaerCardan if i find a nvidia card with that Bios you are posting it will work without any BIOS changes?

I need to be free fro flashing BIOS if i can.. Because i never did it before :(

I really hope someone here can tell me and guide me what to do.

Thank you very much.

For AMD: you need the 1.2v and blind flash the vBios @Khenglish kindly provided. Though I admit that it isn't for starters, you should be fine by following the instructions of the thread I provided earlier.

For Nvidia: more costly but not that finicky in tweaking! You need the GTX 680m from the P1X0EM series, cause the right vBios is already there -> 80.04.29.00.01! When grabbing a Clevo card from another series you most likely have to flash the just mentioned vBios version on it. After that, you have to tweak the .inf file from the Nvidia driver to get it working or just grab the drivers + modded inf from here.

If gaming is your preference the 4GB from the 680m will help you a ton though the 7970m is a bit performanter on stock.

Hope that helps!

Edited by CaerCadarn
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay now i understand. I checked out a new 7970M cost like 357 euro + Shipping. Really expensive. My 6990M was also very expensive and brand new. It get toasted in 1 year? :( What can be wrong?

I clean all fans. And used one of the best thermal paste. Nothing helped. I only played Cs 1.6 most of the time.

I don't really know what to do. Think i will buy a new laptop from another brand. Scared of that Bios flashing etc. And in the last en maybe that card will also get burned under a 1 year.. Pff..

Okay now i understand. I checked out a new 7970M cost like 357 euro + Shipping. Really expensive. My 6990M was also very expensive and brand new. It get toasted in 1 year? [emoji20] What can be wrong?

I clean all fans. And used one of the best thermal paste. Nothing helped. I only played Cs 1.6 most of the time.

I don't really know what to do. Think i will buy a new laptop from another brand. Scared of that Bios flashing etc. And in the last en maybe that card will also get burned under a 1 year.. Pff..

A 7970m should cost no more than 250 bucks.

Tbh, getting a new rig would be the best choice, coupled with a 2-4 year warranty and you're good to go!

There are some Clevo GTX 680m's out there for around 300-350€. If CS:Go is your only game, then investing in a 680m could save you a bit of money.

Or you get this one:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/222300553203

Pretty nice for this price! [emoji6]

Just thinking.

Yes you are right. But i am from Denmark and we have high Tax on everything. That's why it is so expensive.

My pc show American Megatrends logo and windows logo. But giving bluscreen with atikmpag.sys error.

Maybe it is not my card :S I remember that i try to install new drivers from ATI but it doesn't work Maybe that cause this problem?

I remeber last time my 6990M get toasted it failed even on American Megatrends logo. 

Now i entered the windows in Safe Mode. And all is working. It will not work if the card was damaged right?

Im thinking about to remove all drivers for my card and reinstall the new from AMD.

For last where did you find the Clevo GTX 680M? I can't find anything that can fit my Clevo. I mean fit my BIOS.

Edited by pcmaniac

Alright so my input:

I doubt your card is toast. I had lots of bluescreens upon booting my PC back when I had my AMD 6970M's in my x7200.

Solution:

Boot into safemode, open Device Manager, find your AMD card under Display Adapters, right-click on it and select "Uninstall". Click yes if it asks you to delete drivers. Then you should be able to reboot and start your PC normally, to install fresh drivers.

I try several things. It showed up normal in safe mod. But after i try to delete the amd drivers now it look very funny colors.

So right now i used DDU to delete all the amd drivers and installing the old driver again.

If the GPU was done will it show the American Trends logo? I can also join the BIOS without any problems.

But when it try to join the windows there the problem starts.

Update :

I get blue screen again. The picture is uploaded.

IMG_4649.JPG

Hmm i uninstall the drivers. And boot up in Safe Mode.

But in Device Manager i also uninstall the graphic card. Then it ask me if i want to uninstall the drivers.

Nothing happend. Then i unplug my card and gave it a new thermal paste and changed the thermal pads that was bad.

Now it's all working. And i played Battlefield 1 for 1,5 hour. The temp was maximm 78c.

Maybe it was the drivers from AMD that destroyed everything. I don't really know.

For now it is working. I hope it's over :)

Hmm i uninstall the drivers. And boot up in Safe Mode.

But in Device Manager i also uninstall the graphic card. Then it ask me if i want to uninstall the drivers.

Nothing happend. Then i unplug my card and gave it a new thermal paste and changed the thermal pads that was bad.

Now it's all working. And i played Battlefield 1 for 1,5 hour. The temp was maximm 78c.

Maybe it was the drivers from AMD that destroyed everything. I don't really know.

For now it is working. I hope it's over [emoji4]

So did you reinstall the AMD drivers afterwards or did you Windows let install them?

Hi again.

Is there i way to find out if it was my GPU?

I have no problems with it now. But it will be nice if i could test it or something. Then i will order a new GPU so i have it when this 6990M is toasted.

Thank you.

I need help right now guys.

Is GTX680M only produced in 4GB or is there a 2GB version?

I try to search on youtube.com or gpuboss.com for comparasion. It's only shows the 4 gb version nothing with 2gb?

I have plans for buying this card : http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-gtx-680m-2gb-fits-Clevo-p170hm-em-p150hm-rplcmnt-for-6990m-6970m-485m-/262654889495?hash=item3d27738e17:g:NpMAAOSwZtJW8wPO

He tells that it is 2gb ? Is that possible?

And he also tell me that he can flash it to that version i need it in? Can this card be flashed to that version i need? I mean to work with my Clevo P170HM it needs 80.04.29.00.01 this Bios on it right?

Please help me. I have plans for buying this card.

Thank you.