CLEVO P170HM Grafik

pcmaniac

Hey all.

First of all i am new on this forum. What a nice place with very much info for Clevo owners :)

Have a problem with my CLEVO P170HM with 6990M grafikcard. Now i have found exactly the same card and will buy it. Should i do that? Or should i go for an Nvidia card?

But i think all the nvidia cards i found is expensive:torn:. I only found a GTX560M cheaper.

Can anybody give me some idea?

Thanks

I can't give you technical help because i'm a Dell User. But i have a Clevo HD7970m from a P150hm - no need for it, doesn't work in my alienware.

So if you want to install this card in your clevo, i will sell it.

All the best,

Philippo

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

What version of the clevo card is it? Only the v1.2 will work in the HM series. v1.1 will not.

The 6990m is equal to a GTX 580m. Why don't you go for a 7970m? Would be the best bang for the buck! ;)

Edit: Sorry my device is acting weird somehow. Didn't saw the replies. As Khenglisch stated only the Rev 1.2 will work - it's the first production run. 1.1 the second where compatibility was neglected.

So if you get your hands on a 7970m Rev 1.2 you get a totally new experience in performance! :thumbsup:

You can try to buy k5000m like my self. 5700 in 3Dmark 2011

https://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/11531-p170hm-dell-k5000m-booting-loop-p.html

You may have to ask seller or any one with programmer to reflashing for you the vbios.

It's worth compare to 580m GTX around 3200 in 3Dmark 2011

Regards

Tomasz

k5000m | eBay

They start from $150 + customs and shipping fee

Yes but that card cant work with mine :(

And next time i dont want ati card because i read many have problem with temps :( many of the ati cars is toasted.

But cant find so much about Nvidia cards. Maybe i will buy 680m ? Is it good card?

The 680m is good but expensive and you need the Nvidia compatible heat sink for it. You can try the K5000m instead.

Why are you stating the 7970m Rev 1.2 wouldn't work on yours?

Yes i have looked on that K5000M but it still expensive. And i am not sure with the BIOS will work on mine.

And i am from Europe so the taxes will come at the card will be more expensive because i order from non Europe contry :(

If that 7970M can be suitable with my clevo i will go for it but all here writing it cant ..

Yes i have looked on that K5000M but it still expensive. And i am not sure with the BIOS will work on mine.

And i am from Europe so the taxes will come at the card will be more expensive because i order from non Europe contry :(

If that 7970M can be suitable with my clevo i will go for it but all here writing it cant ..

Basically you have two (three) choices:

- Go with the 7970m (Rev 1.2) and follow this guide: [GUIDE] - Blind-Flashing AMD 7970M modded vBIOS for Clevo P1xxHM Laptops | NotebookReview

- Go with the 680m/K5000m with proper Nvidia Heatsink and .inf-modded Drivers

- Go with another 580m/6990m

IMO the first choice would be the best bang for the buck but can be tricky due to the Blind-Flash procedure. The second choice should work right out of the box with inf-modded Drivers (LaptopVideo2Go: Drivers), but is more expensive. And the last one...... hm! ;)

Couldnt find a 7970M that are 1.2 :( So today i order a new 6990M. I dont want bad experience with BIOS etc.

If i buy nvidia card i need to buy heatsink also and its gonna be very expensive. So i choose the 6990M card.

Can anybody here give me feedback for good cooling on this card? I have GC-EXTREME thermal paste. And cleaned all the dust from fan and other places so now it is 100% clean from dust. :D

I found a produkt on internet that name is K5 PRO it can be used instead of thermal pad ? Anyone who have try this product?

Here is a picture of my thermal pads should i change this pads?

Picture : http://s23.postimg.org/kg5xxu2dn/IMG_3725.jpg

Have ordered 1mm pad i thins its enough i thin i only need to change these 2 pads i marked with red. Any idee?

Can anybody here give me feedback for good cooling on this card? I have GC-EXTREME thermal paste. And cleaned all the dust from fan and other places so now it is 100% clean from dust. :D

I've successfully applied Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra on my GTX 970M with great results. However this is a hardcore thermal "paste" and most users prefers laptop pads from the same producer...

I found a produkt on internet that name is K5 PRO it can be used instead of thermal pad ? Anyone who have try this product?

I'm currently using this product on the VRMs and RAM of my 970M without assle. The main advantage is that you'll not have to worry about thickness.

I also used in on a 280X from Gigabyte with success.

I've successfully applied Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra on my GTX 970M with great results. However this is a hardcore thermal "paste" and most users prefers laptop pads from the same producer...

I'm currently using this product on the VRMs and RAM of my 970M without assle. The main advantage is that you'll not have to worry about thickness.

I also used in on a 280X from Gigabyte with success.

Okay is good to know. I get my ati card and mount it it works great. I will ask you 1 thing. Is this K5 PRO make the card cooler? Is it better than thermal pads? Can you see the temps. changes?

My idle temp. on my 6990M is 42-53.

Kaxen be carefull before you buy. Ask the seller is it compatible with your BIOS on your Clevo. Or else you need to flash it and other things.

When the Dell K5000M is working than the Dell K3000M works also.

I test all Dell Quadro in MS-1763,all Cards are working with modded Driver.

You can try this OC Vbios from Nvidia here:

https://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

Okay is good to know. I get my ati card and mount it it works great. I will ask you 1 thing. Is this K5 PRO make the card cooler? Is it better than thermal pads? Can you see the temps. changes?

Honestly I didn't compared pads vs K5 pro but heat transfer capatibilities specs are better to me.

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2015 at 3:50 AM, Bloetschkopf said:

When the Dell K5000M is working than the Dell K3000M works also.

I test all Dell Quadro in MS-1763,all Cards are working with modded Driver.

You can try this OC Vbios from Nvidia here:

https://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

I installed it and it won't post. hang on sager logo then after 3 beeps it boot into window. i tried all the vbios at that link. also same thing. i believe it is a vbios issue. does anyone have dell k3000m vbios for clevo?