Unstable performance

Viisveto

So yeah I am having a performance issue with my laptop. Every time I play games the fps is going "wild" it drops from 100 fps to 48 and does it the whole gaming time and I have done everything to fix it but none of them have worked for me and then one of your members suggested me to use a program called throttle stop 3.0 but I don't have no idea how to use it so help would appreciated and tips what's causing this trouble :adoration:

• Founder

You can ask the author of ThrottleStop if your CPU is supported by the program here: ThrottleStop Discussion

Now, have you ever monitored your temperatures during games to see if your GPU is throttling due to high temperatures? You can download HWiNFO or GPU-Z and have it log your temperatures to a file and post it here

Well I have done that too and it's normal just like before around 70-80c while gaming 86c so it's not the temperature, is there anything else that I can do than using this program? I have concideret of reinstalling windows 7 but I don't have any install discs for it so that's out of the question

• Founder

and did you notice any drops in FPS during that time ?

what about CPU temperatures ?

I think it'll be easier for everybody if you install hwinfo, set it to log temperatures of CPU and GPU to a file and then post the log here.

There's something wrong with the GPU memory clock, either it gets reported incorrectly, or something is messed up (or you downclocked it... what I don't assume).

For Black Ops: Get to the config file and search for multi GPU and multi threaded, multi GPU should be set to "0" and multi threaded device to "1". In case it's differently change it and you should get a performance boost.

@Viisveto There can be a lot of variables and the best way to do this is take away as many as possible... use one game through all testing and stay with the same settings throughout. Use the wprime 1024m test while hwinfo is running... open the sensors windows run the test and take a screenshot and post it here. Then minimize sensors play your game for 10 min and exit. Open sensor window again and take a screenshot of the window at the top so cpu is shown again and towards the bottom in another screenshot so the gpu stats are shown. Please and Thanks you. None of us can be certain how things are behaving till we see the average temps. Next we can target whats the problem gpu or cpu... then we can go into graphing the speeds so we can see if under load when and why your speeds are dropping. HWinfo is highly informative and the best monitor for the entire system. If its cpu maybe we can help you undervolt to keep it cooler and depending on age of laptop and if you are up to it someday down the line you could replace the gpu/cpu thermal paste with a better aftermarket one like ICD24.

Edited by mw86

Okay I will give that a try thank you. Some new information: I have opened the bottom of my laptop and checked the fans and there were no dust at all and I was browsing the internet about this problem and there some guys said that I can fix this through bios but I don't know how to acces to bios with my laptop so if anyone has any clue how to acces into the bios do tell me. I will try to make the wprime work so you guys can get the info you need.

Okay I will give that a try thank you. Some new information: I have opened the bottom of my laptop and checked the fans and there were no dust at all and I was browsing the internet about this problem and there some guys said that I can fix this through bios but I don't know how to acces to bios with my laptop so if anyone has any clue how to acces into the bios do tell me. I will try to make the wprime work so you guys can get the info you need.

if you need to access your bios to change options. start the computer from off and on the first screen or so you see try, F1,F2, F10, Delete or just try to see if it says a button to press to enter the bios. The button varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. otherwise if you mean to update your bios just go to Asus.com and look to see if there are updated drivers.. in that list usually is bios updates if there are some.