What made you choose Clevo?

I've got a W230SS and honestly it's just got the perfect combo of portability / gaming potential. Plus with two extra batteries, RJ-45, and VGA/HDMI it makes the perfect field laptop. Still waiting on a successor from Clevo / Sager though :\

• 1 month later...

I chosed CLEVO due to some budget constrains and the posibility to upgrade. I don't regret it at all after about 4 months. I've learnd how to tweeek things to my liking, I've upgraded myself memories and SSDs, I've used free software wich I didn't know existed up to now.

The machine is an P750TM1G from "DREAM MACHINES" (a POLAND based reseller) and it came with a fully functional Prema MOD BIOS.

SPECS: CPU-i7-9700K (desktop) [undervolt by 96 mV, disabled TURBO => MAX Temp=75 degC]; GPU NVIDIA RTX2060 (MXM3)[worked with NVIDIA Profile Inspector and decreased the Frame Rate Limit to 72 => MAX Temp=80 degC]; dysplay FullHD, 144Hz + G-Sync[as said dropped Frame Rate to half]; SSD EVO 256 Gb working fast. Added 32 Gb Corsair Memory at 2666 MHz also working well.

The only issue for me is the screen bleeding but the resseler offered to exchange it without any extra payment (not done yet due to travelling a lot).

Hope this helps others from EUROPE to chese this brand.

• 1 year later...

I liked that my Clevo W870CU had a 17" screen and a simple flat design. Not too big, not too flashy.

At the time (2010) custom notebooks were new to me and I was blown away by the options and customisation you could have.

Mine was custom built by Kobalt Computers (before they went bust), it was still cheaper than the big name brands.

Edited by Bester

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

personaly is because you have a desktop cpu which can be overclock and a mxm gpu all the component on the laptop are upgradable and it's nice cause i don't really like the new laptop with fully solder components.