What made you choose Clevo?

Hi guys and gals

just a quick question about your thought process

roughly 4 years ago I bought a p170em from pcs, back then I did all my research and for me, the airflow, build quality and upgradability was better than any other manufacturer, But none of my mates know about Clevos, they all have MSI and alienware.

I've got to the point where my vortex 3 is dying, and I'm considering whether to invest in spares or put it towards a new laptop. and should I choose a Clevo again?

what made you choose your clevo from the others out there?

I got 4 Clevos the last 5 years, and there are 2 things i love most about them!

1. You can unscrew them very easy, so you can clean/change almost every part fast&easy.

2. With the help of Prema you can upgrade and support even older models with better Hardware/Performance parts

I'd go for one of the P7xxDM models in your case. The lack of Optimus is amazing for anybody who does a lot of gaming or tweaking, and they're currently the ONLY upgrade-able ODM on the market (for both CPU and GPU).

So yes, go with them =D.

Plus, Prema and his sBIOSes are >

• 1 month later...

Hy all,

I just came across an opportunity to get an older Clevo model for really cheap  (w170er). I am actually surprised by this unit in terms of noise, battery life, computing power...

Before this I have only owned "normal" laptops but from now on I will definitely consider saving on cash for a gaming laptop.

I have no experience with MSI or Alienware.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Clevo is now the only acceptable option for true high performance notebook enthusiasts. Literally everything sold by competitors is crippled low-TDP BGA trash. I love beast laptops, but I would abandon them and go back to building my own desktops if the only thing left to purchase was a BGA $hitbook. I won't put up with that, so... good, bad or indifferent, a Clevo with a desktop CPU is really the only game in town at this point, and their BGA models are crappy turdbooks just like the rest of them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2016 at 1:14 PM, LunaP said:

Because everything else is just a cheap imitation.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But, it seems like none of them are even trying to be good any more. Their competitors just keep on cranking out BGA feces and the silly kids just keep on buying those worthless trashbooks. Really sad state the industry is in now. Hopefully, Clevo won't end up being a sell-out Intel butt-kisser like all the other clowns out there. 

23 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But, it seems like none of them are even trying to be good any more. Their competitors just keep on cranking out BGA feces and the silly kids just keep on buying those worthless trashbooks. Really sad state the industry is in now. Hopefully, Clevo won't end up being a sell-out Intel butt-kisser like all the other clowns out there. 

lol you just inspired me to draw something random~ haha   Read it from RIGHT -> LEFT ( I draw manga which is why )

vsclevo.jpg

Edited by LunaP
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, HTWingNut said:

I've been away too long. Great comic there @LunaP 

Welcome back brother! We missed you!

I hope everything is fine back home and with the family! 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

upgradeability and use of desktop cpu is the strength of clevo notebooks. the xmg 705 is a good example. but it's a very sad and annoying point that the most important part of this notebook is still not upgradeable to a mxm 3 pascal card (gtx 980 to 1070 or 1080, 1060 is not worth). 

Edited by charly2

• 5 months later...

I chose getting a Clevo machine when I stumbled upon a P750DM-G on ebay for around $890 with a 960 EVO. thought it was a good price, especially on how (somewhat) easy it is to upgrade these things over time and I got free one day shipping anyway.