15" Asus N56VM + GTX 960@2Gbps-mPCIe1 (EXP GDC Beast) + Win10 [eternal346]

eternal346

Hi, I'm waiting for me to come all the pieces ( exp gdc beast MPCI-e version V8.0 + EVGA GTX960 2GB GDDR5 ) except tagan 700w modular power supply that will recover ' from an old PC ) all should if possible work with Windows 10 64bit

I want to know the preparations to be carried out and if recommended to use the drivers DIY eGPU Setup 1.30

• 4 weeks later...

Please work through Troubleshooting Guide keeping in the back of your mind that you may very well have faulty hardware:

https://forum.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1656-diy-egpu-troubleshooting-faq/

I'd suspect the EXP GDC Beast to be the likely faulty component. The video card fan will stop working if it's not detecting and receiving 12V and 3.3V signals to the PCIe slot.

9 minutes ago, eternal346 said:

thanks Nando4 I just proceeded to order another EXP GDC BEAST hope to solve ... it worked for about four hours and then he will freeze the PC and not 'more ' what can go ' being to break it ?

I'd recommend you get a BPlus PE4C V3.0 instead of EXP GDC Beast. It's a little more expensive but it's soldered cable ensures most reliable signal transmission. This is needed to get a Gen2 link going. EXP GDC Beast is often problematic running Gen2 requiring downgrading the link to Gen1, losing half the precious bandwidth along the way.