Network Card not showing up in device manager

buckeyestargazer

I have a Clevo W150ERQ with an Intel Dual wlan/bluetooth network card AC-7260. A week or so ago I updated to windows 10 doing a clean install. I noticed right away that the bluetooth would randomly just turn off or I would drop the connection to my bluetooth mouse. Sometimes the mouse would reconnect right away, other times I would have to use the physical buttons to turn off, then turn on the laptop bluetooth in order for the mouse to reconnect.

This happened sporadically and all drivers were up to date. The problem was annoying enough that I thought I would try to uninstall the device in device manager, take the network card out, restart windows, shut down, re-install the network card and let windows re-install the card drivers etc. However, when I put the card back in the computer the wlan is not recognized by the computer. The device does not show up under network adapters. But very strangely, the bluetooth DOES work and shows "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" in device manager.

I was careful to make sure the wires are connected properly. There are three wires labeled "ww1" "ww2" and "ww3". "ww3" was not originally used. (What is that ww3 wire for?)

How can it be that the bluetooth shows up but not the wifi? I should also say that I have a spare Intel 7260 card that I installed and it too did not work. I know that both network cards work (tested in another computer). So the problem has to be with the Clevo computer, either software or hardware.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Update: I have an image backup on a second hard drive, and when I swapped out the hard drives the wireless card was still not recognized by the computer. So I know that the wireless card itself works fine because it works in a separate computer. I also now know that it is not a driver/software issue because with the backup hard drive in place the wireless card was still not recognized, even though it had been working just fine before. So it seems apparent to me that the problem is a connection problem between the wireless card and the motherboard, or the MB itself.

It should also be noted that I recently installed a new CPU, but the wireless card was working fine for a week after the CPU was installed. Any ideas where I should be looking for a loose connection etc? The wires connecting the card seem fine.

Actually I'm nearly convinced that the motherboard socket is faulty, after talking with 2 local repair shops. I have tried two different wireless cards in the computer and neither one. However, both wireless cards work in other computers. Also, as I mentioned I had a disk image backup on a separate hard drive. That backup was made when the wireless card was working fine, but using the backup hard drive also resulted in the computer failing to even recognize the card was there. I even then did a windows 10 reset on the backup hard drive and still the wireless card was not recognized. So I don't see how it could be a software problem, but please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

I was more-so wondering if you could get different diagnostic info from running a Linux live CD to see if drivers are the issue for a core hardware issue with the socket, as you've suspected. If everything else is working fine then i don't know, could be the MB socket. Your guess is as good as mine

Basically get a USB stick, and download Ubuntu or some distro and just see if it comes up with this command in Bash:

How to create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

HowTo: Linux Show List Of Network Cards

If nothing shows here, it's very unlikely a driver issue and hardware related as linux should be able to see at the very least some sort of hardware identifier for your network card.

that card have to on off pins for blutooth and other one to wifi

and some of that pins is disabled by system that because wifi disabled

at my last lenovo i have the same problem.. but i have to mpci-e slots

so.. i just installed it to their one slot