Star Wars Battlefront

Brian

• Founder

post-5-14495001195173_thumb.jpg

It's November 17th and the game is here! How many of you Star Wars fans grabbed the game? I personally couldn't justify dropping $120 for the season pass version so for now I just got the regular (and overpriced IMO) version for $63 off Origin. The plan was to use Greenman Gaming but it seems they hit a bad PR bump and ran out of keys early and are now getting (rightfully) crucified on Reddit. Anyhow, Battlefront is getting mixed reviews, metacritic has been pretty harsh with the PC version giving it a user score of only 5.0 (OUCH!) Professional reviews from the likes of Polygon, IGN and Gamespot are more rounded and give it an average of around 8.0/10 which isn't bad.

Seems in general the pros are that the game's sounds, aesthetics and feel stay very much true to Star Wars but the game itself lacks in content with only 4 MP maps (per mode) for the 40 player games. It seems EA is saving the rest of the content for their season pass to get more money out of gamers as they typically do since DLCs are now big business and make more money for gaming companies than the games themselves.

Anyhow, share some of your favorite moments here via pics, vids etc. If anyone wishes to join me on Origin, my username is 5150Joker. See you there!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Founder
9 minutes ago, iloveb00bs said:

ummm need more jeep stuff. lols

only played for a night but got bored quick. need c4/ claymore type stuff  to mess around with.

Join me next time and you won't get bored when we're partnered. 

• Founder
2 hours ago, iloveb00bs said:

kids getting older, no more diaper duty equal more play time for me, lols. haven't done much gaming either, star wars was first game i bought in a year lols.

Message me on Origin when you get it! I need a "high" gaming partner.

ok gonna pick it up tonight.  prolly just get basic and get expansion packs if i feel it! 40% off is SCHWEEEET!!!!!

sorry about last week, had a break in weather, so decided to do some fpving instead :)

game is bought..... now downloading the force!!!!

• Founder
6 hours ago, iloveb00bs said:

ok gonna pick it up tonight.  prolly just get basic and get expansion packs if i feel it! 40% off is SCHWEEEET!!!!!

sorry about last week, had a break in weather, so decided to do some fpving instead :)

game is bought..... now downloading the force!!!!

Sweet, I'll be on late tonight or early tomorrow if you wanna partner up!

On 25.12.2015 at 0:54 AM, Brian said:

In that case try out Rainbow Six: Siege, been playing that as well and it's fantastic.

dont ban me :P  Yeah this game is really awesome. Maps are small but there are plenty of tactics that makes you play very carefully and bots are very clever its really interesting to play with them

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2017 at 6:24 PM, Maxallica said:

I really love the star wars franchise. But there should be definitely a singleplayer campaign and more game depth in the multiplayer.

I really agree. I want to be able to immerse  myself into a world of Saw Wars story mode. While I do highly enjoy playing on- line, I very much like a good plot line.