Super Smash Bros. Project M (Dolphin Emulator)

HomicidalToaster

Thought I know it's originally a console game, I thought I'd bring the pc emulator version to the table.

For those who don't know, Project M is a mod of Super Smash Bros. Brawl that was meant to bring back some of the previous game's features and functions. Here's a link to the website:

Project M - Home

On pc it can be played via the dolphin emulator:

https://dolphin-emu.org/

So what's your guys take on this game? I personally find it great fun. It did take me a long while to get used to the keyboard as opposed to a GameCube controller. I think with utilizing mods this would be a great way to make some fascinating screenshots as well.

Please leave your opinions and remember,

Roy's our boy!

• 2 weeks later...

I played it for a while on the Wii, seems different, but I'm not a hardcore smash player to say "better than brawl"or something else, but it is indeed woth a try!

By the way, playing with keyboard must suck, no difference between tilt and tap, I used a real wiimote+nunchuck for those things, luckly they are bluetooth.

EDIT: And the project has been concluded! http://projectmgame.com/

Yeah, it's really sad that Project M itself has been cancelled. I've been looking into why, but it's bad enough that a team that tried to take over the project got contacted by a lawyer pretty much immediately. Not that it's contraband to have or download PM 1.6, but anyone continuing its development would be in deep trouble. I keep hearing it has something to do with Konami, but it's generally linked to Japanese modding laws. Still, the team can't be transparent about it without incurring severe wrath.

Thankfully, you can still get it from here or the netplay version from Anther's Ladder. Like I said, it's not illegal to have(as long as you don't download a brawl iso with it). I definitely recommend the second one if you want to play it online. It actually works really well! A lot better than Nintendo's online play worked for brawl, that's for sure...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Surprised to see smash bros related content here. I used to play this game heavily at home and sometimes in tournaments, but recently shifted towards more Melee.
I may give P:M on emulator a try one day just to see 720p or 1080p graphics being rendered.

Edited by CaptainRambo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Was browsing through old forums and saw this and thought it would be interesting to give an update on Project M for anybody who isn't aware. The original PM dev team decided to stop for whatever reason and left the game in what most people felt was an unfinished mod. Another team decided it was in the communities best interest to finish it by adding the almost done character Knuckles and finishing balancing to the game. They changed the name from project Melee to project +. The mod is still getting updates to this day and you can find updates in their discord server, although they are done for the most part adding new content it mostly consists of balance and bug fixes.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful on this old forum.