How to improve 15" Retina performance?

Benhur

hi i am new to the forum, and starting to learn more about hardware

Hi I have a Macbook Pro retina 15 ". 2.8GHz, 500GB ssd hd, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory, I work with cinema. Using to transfers and video viewing, 2k, 4k, 5k, 6k .... I would learn how to improve my performance with Retina possible accessories?

already thought of Chassis Expasion with a video card NVidia, but still lags behind because of the processor, I would like to suggestions on how to improve my tool.

which Nvidia Quadro video cards work well, other than the K5000, how to have more performance to make transfers while video viewing, according to the need of my work.

use hard drives in RAID, and just get behind the lack of potency of Macbook Pro. any suggestions of possible accessories to enhance it?

do has anyone ever thought about changing the processor, memory, anything that enhances a retina?

sorry my English is bad.

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2015 at 11:30 AM, Benhur said:

hi i am new to the forum, and starting to learn more about hardware

Hi I have a Macbook Pro retina 15 ". 2.8GHz, 500GB ssd hd, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory, I work with cinema. Using to transfers and video viewing, 2k, 4k, 5k, 6k .... I would learn how to improve my performance with Retina possible accessories?

already thought of Chassis Expasion with a video card NVidia, but still lags behind because of the processor, I would like to suggestions on how to improve my tool.

which Nvidia Quadro video cards work well, other than the K5000, how to have more performance to make transfers while video viewing, according to the need of my work.

use hard drives in RAID, and just get behind the lack of potency of Macbook Pro. any suggestions of possible accessories to enhance it?

do has anyone ever thought about changing the processor, memory, anything that enhances a retina?

sorry my English is bad.

1. You can undervolt the CPU with XTU and optional increase fan speed to lower temps to extract some more CPU performance.

2. Adding a GTX980/980Ti Thunderbolt eGPU will improve your graphics processing/gaming. Lots of info about that at 

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/forum/83-diy-e-gpu-projects/

Eg of both of the above implemented, though in a custom chassis (a bit more complex) at https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/9062-2013-15-mbp-gt750m-gtx980ti16gbps-tb2-akitio-thunder2-caldigit-win81osx10105-jmlee5/

Can see easier implementations at https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8919-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie/#Thunderbolt

• 5 years later...