14" Acer Iconia 6210 GTX750Ti@2Gbps+c-mPCIe1 (EXP GDC Beast) + Win10 [Makoto]

Makoto

post-40197-14495001099821_thumb.jpg

Hi all, Here is a new success story for egpu on laptop.
During my settings all informations that i needed was found here, so i just want to share my experience. If it can help anyone in future (apologize for my english...)

Laptop

ACER iconia-6210 (dual screen laptop, no physical keyboard)
CUP core i5 480M
RAM 8gb
SSD 256
Windows 10 pro 64bit

eGPU adapter

pe4c v3.0 mPCIE connecter
Dell D220P AC adapter
Asus GTX750ti (use with hdmi cable to television)

Installation

First the mPCIe express slot can be connect with just opening the rear panel, but can not be close after set the egpu.
The first day i did all the connection, swith-on egpu power, switch PC give me nothing, just graphic card fan running and a red light on the egpu adapter.
With turning switch1 to position2 on the adapter solve the problem (green light and windows running)
But nothing automaticaly detected in windows. The device manager show only onboard intel graphic.
In the forum, i saw that sometimes hot plug&play can resolve.
I tried, but nothing detect.

So i decided to buy setup1.3 from nando.
After received it, just install and re-boot. After booting setup1.3 menu, message showed me that no egpu is detected, but after enable port2 form menu, it show "nvidia".
But after chainload windows10, the card was detect as "windows default card".

Tried to install nvidia driver, but the driver could not be install because "nvidia card not found".

I tried to disable the second screen (as the laptop itself have 2 screens), and then the card was correctly detected.
I need to disable the 2 screens on laptop if i want to use the card.

Now everything run perfeclty at 1920x1080 resolution. A really good surprise that gta5 is also playable with 30~50fps(benchmark)
biohazard6 -> max settings
gta4 -> max settings, only view distance is set to half due to cpu restriction.
gta5 -> middle~high settings

My next step is to set the setup1.3 to auto-boot with port 2 enable.
Also to build a rack to put the egpu adapter and power, too many cables on the desk:05.18-flustered:

post-40197-14495001099621_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...