Help! my lenovo y500 burnt down

Friends,

I hope you can help me i replaced my screencable of my y500 sli last month after the known screen flickering problem.

after 1 week of being happy that my laptop was working again i wanted to start it and instant there was smoke and flame comming out of the right hinge (screen flickered for 1 second and went black)

ive removed the battery as soon as i could.

ive ordered another monitor cable and installed this (the old one was melted totally screwed)

laptop wont turn on anymore with the new cable! when i press the power button the lights will come on and turn off as soon as i remove my finger from the power button.

no sign of life in the screen when doing this.

do i need a new mobo or screen or both?

im not shure what to do with the laptop where can i find a spare part for cheap?

should i get over it and leave it as?

thanks for your help!

Generally, replacing motherboards on a laptop is very tedious and more expensive than buying a entirely new laptop. If you see a smoke, always not a good sign and you shouldn't try to turn it back on after that. (It might take other parts with it)

I recommend contacting a retailer that you bought it from if you have a valid warranty.

As for spare parts, you can maybe find them on eBay, but they are never cheap.

Yeah big chances you motherboard burned :( !

Like Betastar said "...replacing motherboards on a laptop is very tedious and more expensive than buying a entirely new laptop. If you see a smoke, always not a good sign and you shouldn't try to turn it back on after that."

Try another motherboard and new parts at your risk and peril ! Electricity is very serious and can be deadly if you don't know how to work with that !!!