tarentyeh

What's your first personal computer?

a HP laptop with HDD 80gb, ATI graphic card with 64mb, 1gb of ram, used it to do homework and emulate psx games that good times :frantics:

My first computer was an Amiga 500, used a Motorola 68000 microprocessor that ran at 7.14 MHz and had 512 KB of RAM.

It was a revolution in computerworld that days :).

Playing games like, bundesliga manager hattrick, kick off2, zack mckracken...

Also lots software was available... 3d, music...

This wasn't my own first computer, technically, but I grew up tinkering around with my dad's IBM Personal Computer XT. I still remember how it had a turbo button that would rocket it all the way from 5 MHz to a blistering 10, how my dad would frequently run repair reinstalls of the operating system (because apparently the hard drive was prone to losing data) with a stack of seventy 5 1/4-inch floppies, playing arithmetic games with ASCII graphics, and learning to program infinite loops in BASIC. Good times.

On 9/17/2016 at 10:00 PM, Brixius said:

My first PC was a Corona Portable PC, It was based on an 8088, ran at a whopping 4.77 mhz, had 2 floppy drives, 256k of RAM and a monochrome screen, the keyboard tucked away into the cover that went over the face of the PC.  I later upgraded it to 512k of ram by buying 16 dram dips and plugging them in one by one hoping not to bend any pins.

corona.jpg

Wow I never seen like that before. I guess I was not that techy back then.

first Pc was ibm ps/2 386/33MHz... oh those times.

Does a C64 count? I mean it was a keyboard but still!

I can't remember my first desktop, it was an unknown japanese brand and it wasn't great (couldn't run Warcraft 3 etc.) but I was able to play Baldur's Gate and Snes games so it was good enough.

Commodore-64! I remember buying magazine at the smoke shop to teach myself to code. The old computer magazines use to print out code for you, haha

On 12/22/2017 at 3:26 PM, trainwreck said:

Commodore-64! I remember buying magazine at the smoke shop to teach myself to code. The old computer magazines use to print out code for you, haha

I remember this,  My brother had this one known also as C64 and it became more popular in 1985.