Cannot find a XM3C3 ac adapter anywhere, please help!

Djaru

There is a trick to get "free psu 300w from dell" but its kinda evil. do it at your own risk!

First , ask for a replacement(with your own reason.)

When they gave you replacement , you may keep current psu and replacement psu , then sent back the machine.

Well , I got 2 psu , they said I can keep it. Just personal experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check this out if you need a 330W PSU, on taobao you can find some really cheap, and of course alson taobaoes in case you can't speak Chinese either ;) Never bought something there, but it should work, though it can take a while until you get the item (check their FAQ).

Also, I got the refund, but it includes none of the shipping charges despite half the weight and it goes to my "personal account" that I can only use when (IF!!!!) I ever order from them again.

Sorry to hear this Jimbo, this really sucks. I suggest you write them and email and ask for a PayPal refund. If they refuse you could still try to get your money via PayPal.

Ok, update.

After LOADS of pissing about with e-mails (30+), them telling me I owed them still, me getting angry etc I have confirmed the order of one charger, which has (apparently) shipped. They refunded me the money for the other one, plus a bit over half of the shipping fees (you have to pay them in advance, I went over) into my personal account on their site. It was surprisingly easy from there to withdraw it to paypal, or so they say. I should know within 24 hours at which point I'll let you guys know. I will also update on the condition etc of the charger if & when it arrives.

Conclusion so far - Only buy from them if you have no other choice or the price is crazy low and be prepared for lots of messing around.

EDIT: The money showed up in paypal, so they've recovered a few points in my eyes.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thumbs Up 2

The good news - Charger arrived, it was very well packaged, it works (I'm using it now), I'm keeping it.

The not so good... It's bashed to shit, the corners are all heavily worn, there are little scratches and dings all over it. I honestly have no idea how someone did this much damage in the time since it came out, subjectively it looks several years old to me.

I'm OK with it (just) as I can't get one anywhere else, and even if I could it would be three times the price. However it was probably the worst online transaction I've ever been involved in over ten years or more across multiple different interests, vendors, auction sites etc. Not exactly recommended.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thumbs Up 2