CLEVO P370SM 980M Eurocom upgrade kit: VBIOS needed for native driver installs?

Koinonos

Myself and my best friend both purchased Sager 9380-S SLI 780m laptops back in 2013 and are seriously considering purchasing the Eurocom CLEVO P370SM 980m SLI upgrade kit.

According to PCWorld if you do this Nvidia drivers will no longer natively install on your laptop since NVidia checks hardware sigs. Is there a VBIOS workaround that allow the 980m's to be seen normally? This becomes all the more important once NVidia drivers are hidden into GeForce Experience so that we can no longer install drivers and modify the installs for custom graphic card kits like the Eurocom's.

How to upgrade graphics in a laptop | PCWorld

No more reference drivers

It turns out reference drivers don’t work with the new GPU. Nvidia’s drivers actually check hardware signatures before allowing installs. Drivers, from here on out, can only be obtained from Eurocom.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Koinonos

If you really plan to buy the Eurocom's kit, just ask them the correct bios and vbios, they normally provide them. And if you want to thank someone, think to Mr Prema ( because bioses provided by Eurocom are his babies).

• Thumbs Up 2

GTX9xxM cards work natively on P370SM , no need for any driver mods or anything. ;)

Only if you own a P370SM3 (3D model), then you need to flash the P370SM BIOS.

Thank you Prema for the update, we do have the 3D Models - I assume that EuroCom has the correct vBIOS to send us thanks to your efforts! And thanks to Khenglish as well for the modding your own drivers link.

Thank you Prema for the update, we do have the 3D Models - I assume that EuroCom has the correct vBIOS to send us thanks to your efforts! And thanks to Khenglish as well for the modding your own drivers link.

GTX9xxM won't have 3D support either way, so just flash the P370SM BIOS to your P370SM3 models and they will run out of the box.

(Only the PxxxEM models require special (v)BIOS Mods in order to switch properly and install without driver Mods)

=O!

More P370SM3 users! I love not being alone =D

• Thumbs Up 1