Intenal screen problems

ncgi89

Hello all,

I just read where the Precision X is bricking the EDID in the screens. I had had the EVGA X on my machine (Mythlogic P750ZM) with 980m. The machine self rebooted and now I can not see anything on the built-in screen until Windows loads the drivers. I can output through HDMI and see the BIOS load screen.

I am running Win 10 Pro.

In device manager it shows my display properties as “Generic NON-PnP Monitor.

What "if anything" can I do to get this screen back to running correctly?

Hello all,

I just read where the Precision X is bricking the EDID in the screens. I had had the EVGA X on my machine (Mythlogic P750ZM) with 980m. The machine self rebooted and now I can not see anything on the built-in screen until Windows loads the drivers. I can output through HDMI and see the BIOS load screen.

I am running Win 10 Pro.

In device manager it shows my display properties as “Generic NON-PnP Monitor.

What "if anything" can I do to get this screen back to running correctly?

I suspect you're going to have to do the exact same thing I did. Read the posts by Prema and Mr. Fox in this thread. You're going to have to reflash the EDID of the screen through I2C bus access in Linux.

However are you saying that your internal display won't display the bios, but will display in windows? That sounds like it might be a different issue.

Yes that is correct. My screen is completely black until Win 10 loads the drivers and then my screen will come back on. The other strange issue is, that unless I have an external display plugged in when I boot the machine I have no control over the screens brightness. So the screen is at 100% brightness and I CAN NOT turn the brightness down without the external plugged in during boot-up.

I suspect you're going to have to do the exact same thing I did. Read the posts by Prema and Mr. Fox in this thread. You're going to have to reflash the EDID of the screen through I2C bus access in Linux.

However are you saying that your internal display won't display the bios, but will display in windows? That sounds like it might be a different issue.

Does anyone know where I can get the Firmware/EDID for my LVDS monitor to correct this issue?

Model is LG LP156WF4-SLB5

Your problem is different from an LCD brick. You don't need to fix your screen.

Your card has the wrong vBIOS or your system the wrong BIOS. Let us know all versions (BIOS/EC,vBIOS) and if your system is g-sync or not.

That didn't do anything. The system still doesn't show the BIOS on the internal screen or give me control over the screens brightness without having an external screen plugged in. Do you think I should just reflash the vBIOS?

Did a reset and a re-flash and still will not show the BIOS screen on the internal notebook screen. Any ideas?

Your EDID is fine. W10 probably messed up your systems NVRAM. Please reset your CMOS battery (not recovery) as described here:

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/bios-recovery/

If that doesn't help re-flash the BIOS.

Here is a strange one for you Prema. When I installed Win 7 and all the drivers, my notebook didn't even recognize my internal display, nor did my notebook even show the internal display in Device Manager or the Nvidia driver settings. It only showed what was connected to the HDMI connection.

- - - Updated - - -

dis charge take the battry out and the plug hold down the power butten

Tried that several times so far.

Do you have a different known working gpu you can try?

That would isolate it to either being a screen or bios issue, and not the gpu.

I swapped out my 980m (P750ZM) with my 675mx (P170EM). The 675mx still had the same issue when installed in the 750ZM, and the 980m didn't have any issue at all. So I have figured out that the issue is the P750ZM's mainboard. Guess I know what the next thing I need to work on will be.

Thank you Prema and Aaprcard for all of your help in diagnosing this issue.