• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Doink

ASUS N53SN - unlocked hidden bios features successfully

8 posts in this topic

I managed to successfully unlock my iron's hidden bios features so i just show you guys the steps i made.

I do not recommend to do this, its just a part of my eGPU project.

I made this tutorial with the newest 209 bios already flashed, so maybe you want it too.

- Save your current rom file with AFUWINGUI v5.05.04., backup a lot of copies of this somewhere safe.

- Run AMIBCP4.55.0070 and open .rom file

- Go to Advanced in the left tree and you will see your advanced menupoints in your bios something like this, except you will see Default instead of USER in the Access/Use column.

post-39777-14495000924706_thumb.jpg

- You can force these menupoints to show up by changing the access to USER like on the picture

- The chipset tab is where the really deep things happen (Memory frequency, PCI-E configurations, IGP configurations, LCD setting, TOLUD config (default is dynamic) etc.). You don't have to set all these menus to USER here so just leave everything untoched here.

- Click File->Save

- Now we have to use MMTool (mmtool_aptio_4.50.0.23) to gather some information. Load the image and find the FileName: Setup row:

post-39777-14495000924976_thumb.jpg

- I coudn't manage to replace this module with MMTool so we just need the GUID for the Setup module (899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 for me)

- Open UEFITool (0.21.4_win) and open your rom file.

- Click File->Search->GUID and type in your GUID (899407D7-99.....), select header only then click search. On the messages block double click on the found entry and right click on it => extract as is and save the fss file, don't close UEFI Tool.

- Open the FFS file with a HEX Editor.

They store in an boolean array the hidden/showable tabs in our case it is: 01 01 00 01 01 01

The reason is because default if you go to your bios you see these tabs: (Main: enabled, Advanced: enabled, Chipset: disabled, Boot: enabled, Security: enabled, Save & Exit: enabled).

- Search for 01 01 00 01 01 01 and make sure you have only one matches (you should have only one) and change the red value to 01 and save the file.

post-39777-14495000925174_thumb.jpg

- Double check the saved file size an continue only if its exactly 2 621 440 bytes

- Back to UEFITool right click on your GUID and press replace as is. Browse your edited fss file and click ok then File->Save image file. This creates your unlocked .rom file.- And now you can flash this bios file with AFUWIN. Open->your rom file. Go back to Information screen, in my case Current Firmware ID: 0ABUC0007, ROM file ID: 0ABUC000 so on the setup tab i had to check "Do not Check ROM ID" then click Flash ONLY if you take the risk like me.

post-39777-14495000925404_thumb.jpg

- After reboot go to the BIOS and you will see the new Chipset tab:

post-39777-14495000926086_thumb.jpg

Reference: http://micheleprimavera.eu/?p=10

post-39777-14495000925637_thumb.jpg

post-39777-144950009258_thumb.jpg

post-39777-14495000925939_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

Hello,

Thanks for this how to guide.

IHowever I have a question: why do you use an hex editor and not simply put the tab to user in AMIBCP ?

Thanks for your answer and already sharing your knowledge.

Putting the tab to User is not working, chipset tab visibility is hard coded in.

Posted (edited)

q

Edited by dani29m

Good afternoon.
What is this rule?
which column?

1.jpg

Edited by bolatello

Just change the red value 01 01 00 01 01 01 to 01. On your picture (N53SVAS.215) its line 8160, column 3.

Edited by Doink

unblocked. everything is OK.

Dude hello i saw your topic .  I have cm 6870 asus desktop computer . I am trying to unlock ai tweaker.  https://www.asus.com/tr/support/Download/14/11/6/19/kitfFCbsOpUyO2nz/30/ here is my bios. But i couldnt the boolean array you mentioned in the post. Can you pls help me some ? I really appreciate. I am new to this topic . I dont wanna do smth wrong . Thx for help.