Toshiba P75-A7200 BIOS Unlock

Hi, I met a problem of the CPU frequency of Toshiba P75. The CPU always runs at the max frequency, and this caused high bettary consumption and overheating. I believe the C1E option is OFF by default. But the offical BIOS is locked without any advanced power options. I searched and tried to find out how to edit Insyde BIOS, but I found the tutorial is too difficult for me to understand... So I wounder if any1 can unlock the bios menu for me? The offical BIOS link is Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried soft reset. Many times the bios unlocks or resets in most of the devices. You need to do the following steps:

- Shut down your laptop and remove any attached devices or USB devices to it.

- Remove the charger cable and remove battery from laptop.

- Once done, press the power button for at least 2 minutes, it fully drains out any current in the laptop.

- If possible re-do the 3rd step again for 2 minutes.

- Reinstall your battery and charger cable in laptop and power it on to check for bios if unlocked.

thanks

Have you tried soft reset. Many times the bios unlocks or resets in most of the devices. You need to do the following steps:

- Shut down your laptop and remove any attached devices or USB devices to it.

- Remove the charger cable and remove battery from laptop.

- Once done, press the power button for at least 2 minutes, it fully drains out any current in the laptop.

- If possible re-do the 3rd step again for 2 minutes.

- Reinstall your battery and charger cable in laptop and power it on to check for bios if unlocked.

thanks

Well, I mean I need to unlock the BIOS to get more options, like speed step, C1 state or something like that, so that I can get full control of the power management...