Windows 8

coolguystan

Downloaded it but didn't had the time to test it. How is the driver support? And how did you install it? Clean install or updated (if this is even possible)?

Driver support sucks. My graphics aren't working, wifi isn't working. I did the upgrade option. I regret installing this. I am going to have to do a clean wipe to get rid of it. Goodbye files.

Yeah, you can't really expect full driver support... (Hello captain obvious... ;))

The best way to test this Win8 version is probably making a separate 30GB partition or similar, then you can easily delete it after seeing how crappy it is, lol.

Yeah, you can't really expect full driver support... (Hello captain obvious... ;))

The best way to test this Win8 version is probably making a separate 30GB partition or similar, then you can easily delete it after seeing how crappy it is, lol.

Haha well that's what I tried to do but i the partition was taking WAYYYYYYY to long. I stopped it after a day and a half and decided to wing it after seeing success from m11x r3 users who even had graphics switching working. My graphics card didn't even show up so I don't know. I am going to stay away from windows 8 anyway. I hate the new metro ui with a passion. Not user friendly at alll

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

We have Windows 8 at work. I'm not a huge fan--seems they can't decide if its for tablets or computers and ends up being the worst of both worlds. From what I've read, windows 10 (there is no 9) should be much better. So, I plan to stick with 7 until 10 is out.