Y510p Bios

guyfromthe50s

My y510p failed a bios update and is now bricked, it will not post. I thought about doing a chip replacement/reprogram but before I go and spend money I figured I would try the Insyde Bios Recovery. Everything would be well on its way except I do not have a copy of the bios bin or rom. That is stored away on my m.2 ssd which I can not access now. Does anyone have one they could send me or could create one to send? If so it would be very much appreciated.

Perhaps you can download from Lenovo website? Open Flash Utility with WinRar instead of launching it and there should be BIOS in binary format, then just follow Insyde Bios Recovery Guide.

Well I did that and tried the bios recovery but nothing has happened. All ports have been tried and so has each port with each of the different keys known to start the process. Im stumped. Any ideas before I try replacing the chips?

• 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2015 at 9:59 PM, guyfromthe50s said:

Well I did that and tried the bios recovery but nothing has happened. All ports have been tried and so has each port with each of the different keys known to start the process. Im stumped. Any ideas before I try replacing the chips?

You can try taking desoldering the CMOS battery waiting a few mins and soldering it back. Used only the external power cable to power the laptop and turn on using the NOVO button (side button).

This only worked for me twice, but it never worked for me again. Still looking for alternative solutions.