P775DMx(-G) aka "WINGMAN" - Executive Lounge

On 27/06/2016 at 7:18 PM, Scotster said:

How are you guys getting on with this laptop now? I've been hovering over the trigger to get one but I can't help but think I may be missing out on the 1080m if I do. I've seen the P775DM2-G has been revealed with the presumed 1080m.

Well worth getting one, no regrets despite having to go in for a second repair to the cooling system after which the system is exactly what I wanted.

Large software builds now taking a fraction of time. Android Marshmallow build down to 12 minutes compared to 35 minutes on my previous machine.

I play all my games in 1920x1080 high detail with no stutter so far (Project Cars 2, Dirty Rally, Witcher 3, Virtual Pool 4, Doom + more)

On 27/06/2016 at 7:18 PM, Scotster said:

How are you guys getting on with this laptop now? I've been hovering over the trigger to get one but I can't help but think I may be missing out on the 1080m if I do. I've seen the P775DM2-G has been revealed with the presumed 1080m.

I hovered over the trigger for a while too and it has been a bit of pain getting it working to a satisfactory level. But it now works very well. The latest BIOS seems to have ironed out some performance issues and adds a few new OC features.

Is it possible to add negative offsets to CPU voltage in the latest BIOS?

I had been doing through through Intel XTU when running the 6700K at 4.4ghz.

Wanted to ideally configure everything through the BIOS.

1 hour ago, snowpepsi said:

Is it possible to add negative offsets to CPU voltage in the latest BIOS?

I had been doing through through Intel XTU when running the 6700K at 4.4ghz.

Wanted to ideally configure everything through the BIOS.

Disappointing news for you I am afraid. Although they have included CPU Voltage Offset in the new BIOS, the available range is only on a positive level (0 - 500mV).

That's fine - back to my powershell script fallback that I run using scheduled tasks. Runs on startup and resume from standby:

stop-service -name "XTU3SERVICE"
start-service -name "XTU3SERVICE"
start-sleep -s 10
start-process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\Client\XtuCLI.exe" -ArgumentList '-t -id 79 -v -70' -Wait

Does the trick but not ideal... it sets a -70mv undervolt.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest changed the title to P775DMx(-G) aka "WINGMAN" - Executive Lounge
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/08/2016 at 1:12 PM, Z3us said:

Are there any news about the compatibility the old P775DM/DM1 with 1060/1070 and specially 1080 gtx? My reseller said that 1080 will not fit in old P775DM/DM1. Is this true?

Clevo have now listed a P775DM2G which sports a 1060 or 1070 and they have a P775DM3G which has the 1080. So there must be some other major difference or they would just release a P775DM2G with a choice of 1060, 1070 or 1080.  I would, therefore say your reseller is probably guessing correctly on the 1080 not fitting.  Have you asked them about the 1060 or 1070?

In my opinion I wouldn't suggest Clevos markings until they fully informed and confirmed about changes. In first edition of P775 there where DM and DM1 version and they where all the same. The difference was in type of graphics card, nothing else (and power supply 230W vs 330W). I took P775 with 970M with intention to upgrade it to Pascal GPU in the future (970M will be easier to sell on ebay, and whole barebone was cheaper than variant with dekstop 980). Even the heatsink, heatpipes, radiators are the same as 980 version. Fan emissions (noise levels) are very gentle.

Edited by Z3us

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

i brought my P775DM1 a couple of months ago and i decided to see if i could overclock my GPU at all. but after testing it on stock speeds my GPU clock speeds drops to 405Mhz when running furrmark and never picks up from here

is this normal?

UnderLoad.jpg

+ if everything is fine control center wise judt try replug the power cable in windows, seldom the power delivery gets bugged and thinks you still use battery even when using otherwise.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Brian unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Hello.

Please help.

I tried to update a P775DM3-G unit to the new Kaby Lake bios and during the last stage with flashme.nsh the notebook just shutdown halfway during he process. I don't know why this happened. I did everything right but the notebook just shut down. 

I am now left with a non working notebook. Is there any bios recovery procedure that I can try out?

Regards

L.E:

I have managed to boot in recovery BIOS mode but now when I try to flash the BIOS again I am unable to do so. I need to run mesetx64.nsh but if I do so the notebook reboots and fails to boot normally again. I have to run fn+b but when I do so and try to run flashme.nsh I get error saying I need to disable ME.

Any idea?

Edited by oGu

• 1 year later...
  • Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Robac said:

I have P775DM3-G and would love to update BIOS to PREMA's Mod- any help with that? 

Hi!

You can flash bios mod from this thread:  

Edited by Klem